ALBERTUS MAGNUS COLLEGE ATHLETICS MISSION STATEMENT & GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
As a Division III member of the NCAA, the Albertus Magnus College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to the philosophy that the pursuit of excellence in competition is fully compatible with the pursuit of excellence in the classroom. A combination of the two endeavors lends itself to a more complete educational experience.
To this end, the Albertus Magnus College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics seeks to promote the overall mission of our institution via the following principles:
1. Above all, intercollegiate athletics serves as an integral component of the student experience, whether the student is an active student-athlete or non-athletic member of the Albertus Magnus community.
2. The primary objective of the Athletic Department at Albertus Magnus College is not victory, but instead it is the pursuit of the goal to conduct our athletic programs the right way, with victory being a by-product of doing things the right way.
3. In conjunction with the NCAA policy of awarding financial assistance based solely on demonstrated financial need or academic merit and not based on athletic prowess, Albertus Magnus College does not award athletically-related financial aid to any student.
4. Albertus Magnus College will provide a comprehensive athletic program available to the entire student body for which all participants will be treated equally.
5. While victory and achievement in competition will be celebrated, the ultimate goal of the Albertus Magnus College Athletic Department will be to provide an educational experience that will contribute to the life-long personal, social, and professional success of our student-athletes.
6. The Albertus Magnus College Athletic Department shall serve as a point of pride not only for our student-athletes, but for the larger college community as well – non-varsity athletes, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of our geographical community.
7. All members of the Albertus Magnus College Athletic community will demonstrate the highest standards of sportsmanship, integrity, character and ethical conduct.
8. Regardless of results in competition, statistics, or conference standings, it is the duty of every member of the Albertus Magnus College Athletic community to foster and develop a program that draws student-athletes of the highest caliber to our college, affords our student-athletes an experience that encourages them to remain students at Albertus Magnus College throughout their undergraduate and graduate academic careers, and promotes a life-long bond with Albertus Magnus as alumni of the college.