Sports Medicine Mission Statement
Albertus Magnus College Sports Medicine is committed to providing exceptional sports medicine care to all intercollegiate student-athletes. Our staff is dedicated to the development of a safe intercollegiate athletics program by protecting the health and well-being of its student-athletes, as well as by providing a safe sport environment. The NCAA Sports Medicine Handbook, the National Athletic Trainers Association's Policy Statements, and the GNAC Best Practices are used as a guide in establishing recommendations and procedures for preventing and managing athletic related injuries at Albertus Magnus College.
The sports medicine staff strives to protect and return the injured student athlete to sport participation as quickly and safely as possible. The sports medicine staff possesses knowledge in injury prevention, injury recognition, evaluation and assessment; immediate care and the treatment, rehabilitation, and reconditioning of athletic injuries. All injuries must be reported to the Albertus Magnus College sports medicine staff for evaluation, treatment and potential referral. Medical referral will be made when deemed necessary. The athlete must also directly communicate any concerns that he/she may have regarding his/her injury evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation program to any member of the sports medicine staff.
General Athletic Training Room Regulations
- During the academic year the Athletic Training Room hours will be Noon-6:00pm. On weekends and holidays the hours will be dependent on practice and competition schedules. No one is permitted in the Athletic Training Room when it is closed.
- Athletes are required to sign in every time they enter the Athletic Training Room.
- All injuries must be reported to an Athletic Trainer as soon as possible. If your condition requires the intervention of a physician, the Athletic Trainer will refer you to Dr. Klauser.
- In-season athletes will have priority in utilization of the Athletic Training Room.
- Please do not bring any athletic equipment into the Athletic Training Room - leave all equipment in the hallway.
- Athletes should wear appropriate clothing while in the Athletic Training Room.
- Refrain from putting shoes on the treatment tables.
- If any supplies are needed (tape, band aids, medications, pre-wrap) please ask a staff member. Do not help yourself.
- Do not use modalities and treat yourself.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. The Athletic Training Room is a shared space and profanity and offensive language will not be permitted.
Meet the Athletic Training Staff
|Sports||Athletic Trainer||Contact Inf|
|Women's Soccer, Field Hockey, Women's Basketball, Softball, Women's Lacrosse||
|firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-773-4472|
Women's Volleyball, Men's Basketball, Baseball, Women's Swimming & Diving, Men's Golf
email@example.com or call 203-773-4472
Men's Ice Hockey, Men's Lacrosse, Men's Soccer, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-773-4472
2020-21 Student-Athlete Information
|New Student-Athlete/Freshman/Transfers||Returning Student-Athletes|
|New Student-Athlete/Freshman/Transfers Paperwork||Returning Student-Athlete Paperwork|
|ADHD Information||ADHD Information|
|Secondary Insurance for Athletic Injuries||Secondary Insurance for Athletic Injuries|
Sports Medicine Policies/Plans
|Emergency Action Plans||Athletic Training Policies|
|Hot Weather Policy|
|Cold Weather Policy|
|Mental Health EAP|
|Drug-Free Sports Information|
|Visiting Team Guide|
Visiting Athletic Trainers,
On behalf of the Albertus Magnus College Sports Medicine staff, welcome to our campus for your teams upcoming athletic event. A certified athletic trainer is available for all inseason home contests hosted at Albertus Magnus College.
Our athletic training room is located in the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center. Teams traveling with an athletic trainer are welcomed to use our facility and our modalities, which include: cryotherapy, thermotherapy, ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
For teams traveling without an athletic trainer, we will gladly assist your student athletes in pregame treatments provided prior notification. Please send any taping or specialty treatment supplies this may require. Modality usage will be limited based on a written request from the visiting teams certified athletic trainer.
We hope the following information will assist you during your visit and we look forward to assisting you with any needs. Please feel free to contact any of us if you need additional information.
Lindsay Snecinski email@example.com
Kristina Fortier firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Pinto email@example.com
Office phone: 203-773-4472
Hospitals - Directions
Walk-In - Directions
OrthoNow Walk-In (Hamden)
OrthoNow Walk-In (Branford)
OrthoNow Walk-In (Orange)
Physician One (New Haven)