Albertus Magnus College
GNAC TOURNAMENT – FIRST ROUND
POST SEASON BEGINS
The Albertus Magnus College baseball team finished the regular season with a 10-20-1 overall record and earned the No. 6 seed in the upcoming Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Tournament thanks to a 5-9 mark in league action.
The Falcons open post-season play on Tuesday, May 2, with a road contest against third-seeded Lasell College at 7:00 pm in Brockton, Mass. The winning team will advance to Thursday's double-elimination portion of the tournament and square off with No. 2 seed Suffolk University.
GNAC TOURNAMENT BRACKET
First Round - Tuesday, May 2 (single elimination)
Game 1: #6 Albertus Magnus at #3 Lasell - 7:00 PM
Game 2: #5 Norwich at #4 JWU - 6:00 PM
Second Round - Thursday, May 4 (double-elim begins)
Game 3: Game 1 winner at #2 Suffolk - TBA
Game 4: Game 2 winner at #1 Saint Joseph's of Maine - TBA
Semifinals - Saturday, May 6 (Hosted by Rivier at Holman Stadium)
Game 5: Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 loser (elim game)
Game 6: Game 3 winner vs Game 4 winner
Game 7: Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 loser (elim game)
Championship - Sunday, May 7 (Hosted by Rivier at Holman Stadium)
Game 8: Game 6 winner vs. Game 7 winner
Game 9: if necessary
- Albertus Magnus is making its 20th appearance (seventh straight) in the GNAC Tournament and are in search of the third conference title in program history.
- AMC is 16-22 all-time in the event and the squad is looking to win a GNAC Tournament game for the first time since 2009.
LAST WEEK RECAP
GAME 1: Falcons Sweep Twinbill at Rivier – RECAP / BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Baseball Drops a Pair of GNAC Games to Lasell – RECAP / BOX SCORE
SCOUTING THE FALCONS
- Albertus enters the postseason with a 10-20-1 overall record and 5-9 in conference after losing eight of its last 10 GNAC games.
- The Falcons hit .255 as a team and have a 7.70 ERA.
- Senior Andrew Scully (Stratford, Conn.) leads the league in home runs with nine and a .774 slugging percentage. He also reanks sixth in the GNAC with a .376 batting average.
- On the mound, senior Tom Moore (East Haven, Conn.) has a team leading two saves, ranking him second in the league.
- Sophomore Tyriq Harris (Waterbury, Conn.) leads the team in stolen bases with 11 as well as hitting .272 at the plate, ranking him fifth on the team.
ALL-TIME VS. LASELL
Lasell leads the all-time series over Albertus Magnus, 12-7.
SCOUTING THE LASERS
- Lasell enters the postseason with a 14-14 overall record and 10-4 in conference mark after winning 10 games in conference play for the first time since 2014.
- The Lasers are the second-best hitting team in the GNAC with a .315 average. Only St. Joe's ranks higher as its .358 mark is among the nation's top-10.
- Junior first baseman Dom Mascolo (Waterbury, Conn.) finished the regular season as one of just two GNAC batters hitting better than .400 as his .431 average ranks second in the league to St. Joe's third baseman Taylor Black.
- Sophomore Daniel Petr (East Haven, Conn.) leads Lasell in that category with seven and has tossed 23 strikeouts in his 41.1 innings of work, while senior Casey Johnson (Windsor, Conn.) has started six and leads the team with four victories and a 4.78 ERA.
THIS SEASON VS. LASELL
- FINAL SCORE (G1): Lasell 20 | Albertus Magnus 7
- FINAL SCORE (G2): Lasell 17 | Albertus Magnus 5
RECAP / BOX SCORE