Fayetteville, N.C. – The Albertus Magnus College baseball team felon the road to #8 Methodist, 18-1, in non-conference action on Wednesday evening at Armstrong-Shelley Baseball Field.
FINAL SCORE: #8 Methodist 18 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-2) | #8 Methodist (18-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Redshirt freshman Avery Shugrue (Hamden, Conn.) got the Falcons on the board scoring the first run of the day off an error by the catcher after stealing third. A half inning later, Methodist would even the score up at 1-all before taking a 3-1 lead following RBIs from Will May and David Cass.
Methodist extended its lead to five, 6-1, in the bottom of the fourth as the Monarchs scored three runs on one hit after loading the bases to start off the inning.
However, from that point on, Albertus Magnus was unable to stop Methodist from scoring a total of 12 runs over the final four and a half innings to secure the home win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
ON THE MOUND
- Albertus Magnus: Shawn McFeggan (L, 1-1) – 4.0 IP | 4 H | 7 R | 7 ER | 4 BB | 2 SO | 0 HR
- Along with McFeggan, Fred France (Gales Ferry, Conn.) and Steven Berry (Lynnbrook, N.Y.) posted two strikeouts a piece.
- Methodist: Thomas Dean (W, 1-0) – 2.0 IP | 1 H | 0 R | 0 ER | 0 BB | 2 SO | 0 HR
AT THE PLATE
- Senior Tom Crocco (Kings Park, N.Y.) led the Falcons' attack with a 2-of-3 showing at the plate while Mike Browne(New Fairfield, Conn.), David Otero (Bridgeport, Conn.) and Brandon Clark (CHeshire, Conn.) added a hit each for the visitors.
- Jacob Austin and Will May posted a team-best three hits for the Monarchs.
- Austin also posted a team-high three RBI to go with two runs scored.
- Both Matthias Carter and Alex Kachler allowed three runs to score for the hosts while a quartet of players registered two runs scored.
Albertus Magnus returns to the mound tomorrow, March 15 as the Falcons face Lancaster Bible in a non-conference doubleheader beginning at 10 a.m.