Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College baseball team extended its winning streak to three games as the Falcons topped Pine Manor College, 6-2, on Wednesday afternoon in non-conference play at Rochford Field.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 6 | Pine Manor 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (10-9) | Pine Manor (5-12)
Junior Matt Warren (Wolcott, Conn.) drove in the first run of the game in the bottom of the first to give Albertus the one-run edge until the bottom of the fourth as the Falcons saw their lead grow to 4-0 behind a three-run, two hit inning that was highlighted by an RBI single from senior Mike Browne (New Fairfield, Conn.).
Albertus continued to swing the bat, despite a pitching change for the Gators, and pushed its advantage to six, 6-0, in the home half of the fifth. With two outs, Albertus managed to load the bases before Browne drove in Eduardo Pena (Hamden, Conn.) and Daniel Kennedy (Manchester, Conn.) off a fielder's choice.
Pine Manor started to come alive in the top of the ninth as an RBI single from Dennis Tolbert sparked a rally. Down 6-1 with two outs and bases loaded, a walk allowed the second run to score and forced a pitching change for Albertus. Sophomore Mike Wagner (Manchester, Conn.) secured the win for Albertus as he struck out Brandon Gallegos for the third and final out of the game.
- Pine Manor's Tim Martin picked up the loss after allowing four runs on six hits over four innings of work.
- Sophomore Nick Miller (Union, N.J.) improved to 2-3 on the season as well as threw a two-hitter and struck out three.
- Seven different players from Albertus registered a hit while Browne tallied a team-high three RBI.
- Kennedy was two of the Falcons' six runs scored.
- Albertus remains undefeated against Pine Manor pushing its all-time series record to 2-0.
- The Falcons are 3-0 at home.
Albertus resumes GNAC play on Saturday, April 6 with a road doubleheader against Colby-Sawyer. Game times are set for 12:00PM and 2:30PM at Kelsey Baseball Field.