Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Junior Morgan Shura (Wallingford, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College field hockey team netted the Falcons' first goal of the season at the 25th minute, but the hosts fell to Regis (Mass.), 8-1, Thursday evening at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Regis (Mass.) 8 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (0-7) | Regis (2-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Regis (Mass.) controlled the opening 15 minutes of play as the Pride held a 4-0 lead before Shura found the back of the net for her first of the seaosn to bring the score to within three, 4-1, on a break-a-way attempt.
The Pride would close out the first with a goal from Ashley Chipman, pushing their lead back up to four, 5-1, entering the half.
Regis (Mass.) continued to control the momentum of the game, scoring an additional three goals in the second to put the game away, 8-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Regis outshot Albertus, 25-1, including an 18-1 shots on goal advantage.
- The Pride also held the advantage in penalty corners, 9-0.
- Along with her goal, Ashley Chipman led the visitors with five shots.
- Yvonne Abate paced the Pride offense with a team-high two goals and an assist.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Kasey Herrera (Stratford, Conn.) (L, 0-7): 18 Shots on Goal | 8 Goals-Against | 10 Saves | 70 minutes
- Regis (Mass.) - Erin Moore (W, 2-5): 1 Shot on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 70 minutes
The field hockey team returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 6 as the Falcons host the Falcon Invitational. The Falcons will take on Sweet Briar on Saturday, Oct. 6 and Husson on Sunday, Oct. 7.