NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Senior Morgan Shura (Wallingford, Conn.) scored the third goal in Albertus Magnus College field hockey history in Wednesday's 7-1 home loss against Manhattanville College at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Manhattanville 7 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (0-3) | Manhattanville (4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Manhattanville stormed out to a first-quarter lead, 3-0, behind goals from Raquel Brown, Ameerah Thomas and Lexi Crites.
• The Valiants added three more unanswered tallies to take a 6-0 lead. Manhattanville scored once in the second, third and fourth quarters.
• Albertus' lone goal of the day came on a hustle play by Shura, who received a long pass from Madison Duranleau (Wheelock, Vt.) and streaked down the middle of the field to score.
• Manhattanville posted one final goal to end the contest, securing the 7-1 victory.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
Albertus Magnus - Mikayla Lyston (Medford, N.Y.) (L, 0-2): 22 Shots on Goal | 7 Goals-Against | 15 Saves
Manhattanville – Zoe Fillebrown (W, 3-0): 0 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 0 Saves
Elaina Nacinovich: 1 Shot on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 0 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Valiants outshot the Falcons, 27-2, as well as held the advantage in the penalty corners, 12-0.
• Shura finished the contest with both of the Falcons' shots.
• Lyston ended the day with 15 saves, her third straight game with 12-plus stops.
• Crites paced all players with five points on two goals and one assist.
• In her first game of 2019, Shura scored her second career goal.
• Shura's tally is the third in program history and the second of 2019.
• Duranleau's assist is the first point of her young career.
• The Falcons and Valiants have met twice in the two programs' histories, with Manhattanville owning a win in both games.
The Falcons conclude their four-game homestand to start the year with the program's first-ever Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) contest against Lasell University on Saturday, Sept. 14, at 12 p.m. at Celentano Field.