NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College field hockey team played its first-ever Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) game on Saturday afternoon, falling to Lasell University by a 9-0 final score at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Lasell 9 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (0-4, 0-1 GNAC) | Lasell (2-3, 1-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Lasers jumped out to an early 4-0 lead after the first quarter behind four different goal scorers. Lasell added four more tallies before the halftime break to take a commanding 8-0 advantage.
• Albertus settled down in the second half, holding their conference foe to just one goal in the final 30 minutes. Mikayla Lyston (Medford, N.Y.) made her presence know, by making 14 saves, six in the second stanza.
• On offense, the Falcons tallied one shot, which came off the stick of Madison Duranleau (Wheelock, Vt.) in the third quarter.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
Albertus Magnus - Mikayla Lyston (L, 0-4): 23 Shots on Goal | 9 Goals-Against | 14 Saves
Lasell - Sydney Pignone (W, 2-2): 0 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 0 Saves
Chloe Shugrue: 0 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 0 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Lasers outshot the Falcons, 30-1, as well as held the advantage in the penalty corners, 11-4.
• Rebecca Duke led all players with three goals, while the other six scores were spread across six other Lasers.
• Duke and Amber Miller owned the game-lead with four shots on goal each.
• Lyston's has made double-digit saves in every game this season.
• The freshman is third in the NCAA in saves per game (16.00).
• Duranleau's shot is her third of the season.
• Today's bout was the first all-time meeting between Albertus and Lasell.
The Falcons hit the road for the first time in 2019 on Wednesday, Sept. 18, heading to Dean College for a 3 p.m. showdown.