NEW LONDON, N.H. - The Albertus Magnus College field hockey team suffered a 6-0 road loss to Colby-Sawyer College in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Saturday afternoon in New London, N.H.
FINAL: Colby-Sawyer 6 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-8, 0-4 GNAC) | Colby-Sawyer (6-5, 3-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
After being held scoreless for over 10 minutes to begin the game, Colby-Sawyer broke through at the 10:13 mark of the first quarter with a goal from Julia Lanctot.
The Chargers maintained this 1-0 lead for the next 17 minutes until Calie Sorenson put them up 2-0 in the 28th minute. Whitney O'Brien added another second-quarter score just over two minutes later to hand Colby-Sawyer a 3-0 advantage heading into the halftime break.
Albertus had a couple of chances in the second quarter, registering two penalty corner attempts in the frame. Unfortunately for the Falcons, neither attempt ended in a goal.
After halftime, the bout turned into the Madison Quick show, as the freshman scored three times over a 2:09 stretch. Quick's offensive explosion sealed a 6-0 triumph for the Chargers in home league action.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
Albertus: Mikayla Lyston (L, 1-8) - 13 Shots on Goal | 6 Goals-Against | 7 Saves
Colby-Sawyer: Lauren Wilkinson (W, 1-0) - 0 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 0 Saves
Julia Carr - 0 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 0 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Chargers held the advantage in both shots (18-0) and penalty corners (11-2).
• Quick paced all players with three goals.
• Quick and Sorenson led the way with three shots on goal each.
• In total, 11 different players registered at least one shot for the Chargers.
• Today's meeting was the first between these two programs.
• Mikayla Lyston (Medford, N.Y.) continues to lead the GNAC with 142 saves (15.78 per game).
Albertus Magnus field hockey continues its GNAC slate on Saturday, Oct. 12, with a home 2:30 p.m. bout against Anna Maria College.