FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 85 | Anna Maria 82
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (13-3, 9-1) | Anna Maria (3-14, 3-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Over the first four minutes of play, Albertus Magnus trailed the hosts until a three from Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) gave the Falcons their first lead of the game, 9-8. Following the three from Green-Younger, Albertus Magnus went on an 11-2 run to extend its lead to double-digits, 20-10, with 11:09 left in the first. A jumper from David Jean-Louis brought the hosts to within two, 22-20, but the Falcons would hold a 39-32 lead at the half.
Anna Maria continued to chip away at the Falcons' double-digit lead as a layup from Liam Pickett brought the score to within two, 54-52, at the 13:48 mark. Over the next couple of minutes, Anna Maria continued to threaten the Falcons' lead, before a layup from Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) sparked a 10-2 run pushing the lead back-up to double-digits, 71-60.
However with 1:26 remaining in regulation, Anna Maria found themselves ahead by one, 82-81, following a three from David Jean- Loius, but Albertus would secure the 85-82 road victory.
FIRST HALF STATS
- Both teams collected 12 turnovers each in the first 20 minutes of regulation.
- Walters was the only play in double-digits for the visitors in the first.
- Albertus outrebounded the hosts by a 19-15 margin.
SECOND HALF STATS
- Anna Maria outshot the visitors in the second 50-46 despite Albertus shooting 64.0 percent from the floor.
- Both teams recorded a total of 16 rebounds in the last 20 minutes of play.
- Walters and Devin Coleman (Bridgeport, Conn.) led the offensive attack scoring 13 points each.
- Ryan Pittman (Stratford, Conn.) collected three of the Falcons' four blocks in the second half.
- Following the win, Walters picked up his fourth straight double-double netting 26 points and 10 rebounds.
- Devin Coleman (Bridgeport, Conn.) and Grant Ellis (Newark, N.J.) rounded out the double-digit scorers with 22 and 13 points, respectively.
- Anna Maria held a 18-24 edge over Albertus in turnovers, a 18-17 edge in points off turnovers and a 40-36 edge in points in the paint.
- The Falcons dominated on the board collecting 40 total rebounds as well as recorded 15 second chance points.
- Albertus Magnus finished the afternoon shooting above 50 percent in field goal percentage and free-throw percentage with 60.9 percent.
The Falcons return to action on Wednesday, Jan. 25 against Rivier. Game time is set for 7 p.m. in New Haven, Conn. at "The Nest".