A NEW WEEK
The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team looks to extend its winning streak to nine as the Falcons host Rivier on Wednesday evening and travel to Saint Joseph's (Me.) on Saturday.
A LOOK BACK
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 76 | Lasell College 75– RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Albertus Magnus 85 | Anna Maria 82– RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. RIVIER
Albertus Magnus leads the all-time series over Rivier 30-18.
LAST YEAR VS. RIVIER
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 92 | Rivier 82
GAME 2: Albertus Magnus 80 | Rivier 64
ALL-TIME VS. SAINT JOSEPH'S (ME.)
Albertus Magnus holds a 12-8 edge over Saint Joseph's in the all-time series.
LAST YEAR VS. SAINT JOSEPH'S (ME.)
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 105 | Saint Joseph's 58
GAME 2: Albertus Magnus 56 | Saint Joseph's 52
LAST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
- Jaqhawn Walters led the offensive attack averaging 27.0 points and 14.0 rebounds as well as collected back-to-back double-doubles to improve his season total to 12.
- Devin Coleman and Grant Ellis rounded out the double-digits performers as the two averaged 15.0 points and 4.5 rebounds, respectively.
- On the defensive side, Ryan Pittman collected four of the Falcons' seven blocks, including a season-high three at Anna Maria. Pittman also tallied 12 of the Falcons' 26 assists.
- Albertus finished the week shooting 46.1 percent from the floor, 30.2 percent from three-point range and 66.7 percent from the charity stripe.
COACH OLIVERS EARNS 200TH WIN
Albertus Magnus College men's basketball coach Mitch Oliver earns his 200th career victory on Saturday afternoon as the Falcons defeated Anna Maria, 85-82, in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at The Fuller Activity Center.
WALTERS NAMED GNAC MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Walters averaged 27.0 points and 14.0 rebounds while shooting 52.3 percent from the floor as the Falcons went 2-0 in GNAC play, including a 76-75 win over Lasell. In the win over the Lasers, Walters recorded a season-high 18 rebounds and posted 28 points, just three shy of his season-high. He also recorded back-to-back double-doubles improving his season total to 12.
FALCONS IN THE GNAC
- Jaqhawn Walters ranks:
- first in points per game (19.3)
- second in rebounds per game (11.7)
- fourth in field-goal percentage (56.2%)
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger ranks:
- fourth in three-point percentage (44.8%)
- Damian Grant ranks:
- fifth in blocks per game (1.0)
- Liam Perryman ranks:
- seventh in blocks per game (0.9)
- Ryan Pittman ranks:
- third in assists per game (4.4)
The Falcons return to action next week against Johnson & Wales and Lasell.