A NEW WEEK
Following a 1-1 week in GNAC play, the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team looks to bounce back as the Falcons welcome Johnson & Wales to "The Nest" on Wednesday evening before traveling north to Newton, Mass. to square off against rival Lasell on Saturday.
A LOOK BACK
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 93 | Rivier 76 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Saint Joseph's 95 | Albertus Magnus 90 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. JOHNSON & WALES
Johnson & Wales holds a 26-23 edge over Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.
THIS YEAR VS. JOHNSON & WALES
FINAL SCORE: Johnson & Wales 75 | Albertus Magnus 70 (OT) – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: With less than 90 seconds left, Erick Langston (Stratford, Conn.) scored the final four Albertus Magnus points to give the visitors a 67-66 lead with 32 second left. Ferdinand was fouled with seven seconds left and hit one of two free throws to force overtime.
ALL-TIME VS. LASELL
Albertus Magnus leads Lasell in the all-time series 16-6.
THIS YEAR VS. LASELL
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 76 | Lasell College 75 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: With less than one second remaining in regulation, Grant Ellis (Newark, N.J.) of the Albertus Magnus men's basketball team calmly made three straight free-throws to lift the Falcons to a 76-75 victory over Lasell.
LAST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
- Junior Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) recorded back-to-back double-doubles and extended his season total to 14.
- Sophomore Ryan Pittman (Stratford, Conn.) and Walters totaled 23 of the Falcons' 38 assists.
- Junior Jemaa Yuori (Ghana) and Walters recorded two blocks a piece.
- Senior Grant Ellis (Newark, N.J.) led the offensive unit last week averaging 27.0 points per game as well as made 12 of the Falcons' 22 three-pointers.
- Albertus outshot its opponents 183-171 while shooting a combined 47.1 percent from the floor.
- Albertus was strong on defense last week forcing 36 turnovers, but was outrebounded by its opponents 43-40.
- Senior Grant Ellis (Newark, N.J.) netted a career-high 39 points in the Falcons' loss to Saint Joe's.
- Junior Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) was just one assist shy of recording a triple double-double as well as set a new career-high in assists with nine.
FALCONS IN THE GNAC
Jaqhawn Walters ranks:
- third in points per game (19.1)
- second in rebounds per game (12.2)
- sixth in field-goal percentage (55.1%)
Jahmerikah Green-Younger ranks:
- third in three-point percentage (44.1%)
Damian Grant ranks:
- sixth in blocks per game (0.9)
Liam Perryman ranks:
- seventh in blocks per game (0.8)
Ryan Pittman ranks:
- second in assists per game (4.5)
Devin Coleman ranks:
- seventh in points per game (15.9)
Shaquille Mitchell ranks:
- eighth in three-point percentage (40.8%)
COACH OLIVERS EARNS 200TH WIN
Albertus Magnus College men's basketball coach Mitch Oliver earns his 200th career victory on January 21st as the Falcons defeated Anna Maria, 85-82, in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action at The Fuller Activity Center.
The Falcons return to action next week against Mount Ida and Anna Maria.