A NEW WEEK
Following a 2-0 week, the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team looks to continue its winnings ways as the Falcons travel north to tackle Mount Ida College on Tuesday before wrapping up the week against Anna Maria on Saturday afternoon at "The Nest".
A LOOK BACK
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 87 | Johnson & Wales 63 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Albertus Magnus 86 | Lasell 78 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. MOUNT IDA
Albertus Magnus leads the all-time series over Mount Ida, 16-2, including a 7-1 road record.
LAST YEAR VS. MOUNT IDA
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 98 | Mount Ida 82 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Albertus Magnus 96 | Mount Ida 91 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 3: Albertus Magnus 109 | Mount Ida 87 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. ANNA MARIA
Albertus Magnus holds a 10-4 edge over Anna Maria in the all-time series. The Falcons also hold a 4-1 record at home against the AMCATS.
THIS YEAR VS. ANNA MARIA
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 85 | Anna Maria 82 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: With 1:26 remaining in regulation, Anna Maria found themselves ahead by one, 82-81, following a three from David Jean- Loius, but Albertus would secure the 85-82 road victory. Following the win, head coach Mitch Oliver earned his 200th career win.
- Ethan Dujon ranks second in the GNAC in three-point percentage (46.7 %) as well as ranks fifth averaging 17.1 points per game.
- Kevin Conner ranks fifth in the GNAC in three-point percentage with 43.2 percent.
- Mike Rapoza ranks first in the GNAC in rebounds per game (13.0) and field goal percentage (61.6%).
LAST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
- Albertus dominated on the boards, out rebounding its opponents 102-74 as well as held a 72-47 edge in defensive rebounds.
- Junior Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) led both the offensive and defensive unit averaging 21.0 points and 17.5 rebounds per game. He also recorded back-to-back double-doubles.
- Both Albertus and its opponents totaled 33 fouls each while the opponents held a 15-7 edge in steals.
- Grant Ellis (Newark, N.J.), Devin Coleman (Bridgeport, Conn.) and Ryan Pittman (Stratford, Conn.) also averaged in double-figures for the Falcons.
- The Falcons finished the week shooting 48.5 percent from the field compared to their opponents who shot 35.4 percent.
- Devin Coleman (Bridgeport, Conn.) tied his season-high six three-pointer made in the win over Lasell on Saturday.
- Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) recorded a season-high 19 rebounds at Lasell.
FALCONS IN THE GNAC
Jaqhawn Walters ranks:
third in points per game (19.3)
second in rebounds per game (12.7)
Damian Grant ranks:
fourth in blocks per game (0.9)
Liam Perryman ranks:
eighth in blocks per game (0.8)
Ryan Pittman ranks:
second in assists per game (4.8)
The Falcons return to action next week against Emmanuel and Mount Ida.