2017 DIVISION III MEN'S BASKETBALL
FIRST ROUND - Friday March 3th
Wesleyan vs. Union (NY) - 5:30 PM
Rochester vs. Albertus Magnus - 7:30 PM
SECOND ROUND - Saturday March 4th
Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 - 7 PM
Tickets (Seating area open 1 hour prior to game start)
Adults - $10 (includes admission to both games on Friday) (separate charge for Saturday's game)
Children/Seniors/Military/Students with ID - $5
Children 4 and under – Free
FRIDAY - Stop at parking booth on Wilson Boulevard to purchase a day parking pass.
SATURDAY - Free parking
Directions - LINK
Louis Alexander Palestra (name of gym)
within the Robert B. Goergen Athletic Center
Rochester, NY 14611
- The Falcons boast one of the high-scoring teams in Division III as the team averages 89 points a game and are ranked 12th in scoring average.
- Albertus Magnus defeated Lasell College in the title game of the GNAC playoffs, 101-83, to secure the bid.
- Albertus Magnus has topped 100 points in a game five times this year (the Falcons are 23-4) with a high point total of 112 vs. Newbury College.
- This is the Falcons sixth trip to the NCAA Tournament and enters the first round on a nine-game winning streal.
- Rochester finished the regular season at 21-4, 10-4 in the University Athletic Association.
- The Yellowjackets lost their season finale, 63-62, to Emory University.
- This is Rochester's 19th appearance in the NCAA basketball playoffs, its 15th such appearance in the Division III tournament.
- It is Rochester's third appearance in the NCAA playoffs in the last seven years.
- Rochester heads into the tournament averaging 80.1 ppg.
- The Cardinals, who boast a 19-6 overall record and spent most of the season ranked in the D3hoops.com Top 25 poll, return to the national postseason tournament after a year removed.
- It is also just the second time ever that Wesleyan has qualified for the NCAA Championships.
- The team's impressive 2016-17 regular-season featured three wins over top-10 programs; No. 4 Marietta (81-65), No. 5 Amherst (73-59) and No. 8 Amherst (73-72, OT).
- The Cardinals also finished 6-4 in the NESCAC to earn the No. 4 seed in the conference tournament.
- This is Union's fourth appearance all-time in the tournament, as the Dutchmen also competed in the NCAA's in 2004-05, 2001-02 and 1982-83.
- Union enters the NCAA Tournament with a record of 16-10.
- The Dutchmen are first in the Liberty League in turnover margin (1.58), three pointers made (9.0) and rebounding (39.2, tied with RIT).
- Union is the champion of the Liberty League (Pool A) as the Dutchmen defeated Hobart College in the Liberty League title game last Saturday.
- Albertus Magnus and the University of Rochester (N.Y.) has not played one another.
- Albertus Magnus and Union have not played one another.
- Wesleyan holds a 19-4 lead over Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.