Nashua, N.H. - The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team remains undefeated as well as extends its winning streak to three as the Falcons shut down Rivier, 91-65, Thursday evening at Muldoon Gymnasium.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-3, 5-0) | Rivier (1-12, 0-4)
Rivier took control early with the six-point lead, 11-5, behind a three from Tarik Rivers, until a 6-0 run by the Falcons gave them a two point-lead, 13-11, five minutes in. Albertus Magnus and Rivier battled back-and-fourth over the next five minutes until the 7:13 mark as a free throw from A'Jen English (Middletown, De.) gave the Falcons an 11-point lead, 34-23.
- On the road, the Falcons improve to 3-2.
- Following tonight's win, the Falcons are on a three-game winning streak.
- Albertus Magnus is now 32-18 against the Raiders in the all-time series.
- Albertus Magnus - 46.2% (field goal), 27.8% (three point) and 70.3% (free throw)
- Rivier - 30.4% (field goal), 29.4% (three point) and 72.2% (free throw)
- In the first half, Jaqhawn Walters (Hartford, Conn.) registered a double-double, 15 points and 13 rebounds, before closing out the game with 28 points, 20 rebounds, four assists and a block.
- Also scoring double-figures was English and junior Ryan Pittman (Stratford, Conn.), who scored 12 point each while sophomore Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10.
- Along with his 12 points, Pittman posted a team-high four blocks.
- Tristain Bradanese led the Raiders in scoring with 28 points while shooting 4-of-14 from behind the arc and 8-of-25 from the floor.
- This game went through three ties and eight lead changes.
- The Falcons out rebounded the hosts by a 55-36 edge.
- The Falcons' largest lead of the game was at the 3:48 mark in the second with 34.
Albertus Magnus returns to the court on Saturday with a GNAC road tilt at Emmanuel (Mass.0). Rivier welcomes Saint Joseph's of Maine on Saturday for a 3 p.m. GNAC clash in Nashua.