Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Despite four double-digit performances, including a team-high 15 points from freshman Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team fell in overtime to Keene State, 105-96, in its home-opener Tuesday evening at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletics Center.
FINAL SCORE (OT): Keene State 105 | Albertus Magnus 96
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus College (3-2) | Keene State (2-1)
ALL-TIME SERIES RECORD: Keene State improves to 2-0 against Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keene State opened regulation with the early 7-2 lead behind five points from Ty Nichols.
- A three from Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) gave the Falcons their first lead of the game, 10-9, at the 14:05 mark.
- Albertus put together a 10-4 run to extend its lead to seven, 20-13, but a 10-5 run by the Owls brought the score to within two, 25-23.
- Keene State's Paul Mahon evened the score at 29-all after hitting the deep three at the 5:40 mark.
- The Falcons would answer back with an 11-6 run to extend their lead back up to five, 40-35.
- Keene State would head into halftime down three, 42-39, following a 4-2 run.
- Keene State chipped away at the Falcons' lead over the next six minutes of play as a 15-7 run put the Owls in front 56-55 with 13:58 remaining.
- With 6:36 left on the clock, Albertus found themselves within four, 76-72, following a amde layup from Rayshawn Brewer (New Haven, Conn.).
- Junior Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) hit a three before Rayshawn Brewer (New Haven, Conn.) made two foul shots to make it an 82-80 game with 3:06 left.
- Green-Younger sank two free throws to make it 89-89 with 11 seconds left, sending the game into overtime.
- Keene State outshot the Falcons in overtime, 16-7, to secure the road win.
- The Owls made 6-of-8 from the field in the extra session and all four free throws, leading by a game-high 11 with 56 seconds left (105-94).
- Jahrell Spence - 15 points (4-8 FG, 2-5 3PT, 5-6 FT) | 1 steal | 1 block
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger - 14 points (3-12 FG, 1-6 3PT, 7-9 FT) | 4 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Ryan Pittman (Stratford, Conn.) - 13 points (5-12 FG, 1-2 3PT, 2-3 FT) | 3 rebounds | 7 assists | 2 steals
- Davon Warner - 12 points (4-13 FG, 4-12 3PT) | 5 rebounds | 1 assist
- Rayshawn Brewer - 4 points (1-2 FG, 2-3 FT) | 12 rebounds | 1 block
- Ty Nichols - 42 points | 7 rebounds | 6 assists | 1 steal
- James Anozie - 16 points | 11 rebounds
- Sidi Diallo - 16 points | 3 rebounds | 2 assists
- Paul Mahon - 10 points | 2 rebounds | 2 assists | 3 steals
The men's basketball team returns to action on Sunday, November 25 as the Falcons host in-state foe Mitchell College in a non-conference showdown beginning at 3 p.m. at "The Nest".