Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team opened the 2019 portion of its season with an 81-59 win over Anna Maria College Tuesday evening at "The Nest' in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 81 | Anna Maria College 59
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (9-3, 1-0) | Anna Maria (5-10, 1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons opened regulation with the early 10-2 lead before finding themselves ahead by 12, 20-8, with 11:47 left on the clock.
- Anna Maria was unable to score a basket until the 5:51 mark thanks to a made jumper from Bobby Perette.
- Following a made basket from freshman Jahrell Spence (Hartford, Conn.) at the 1:52 mark, Albertus saw its lead grow to 19, 38-19.
- Albertus would head into halftime up 23, 42-19, which was the largest lead of the game for the hosts.
- Over the next eight minutes of play, Anna Maria chipped away at the Falcons' lead and brought the score to within 13, 53-40.
- Albertus would maintain a 17-point lead over the next six minutes of play.
- Up 69-52 with 5:55 remaining, Albertus would seal the win as well as close out regulation with a 12-7 run.
- Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.) – 15 Points (5 FG-8, 2-3 3PT, 3-4 FT) |3 rebounds | 3 assists | 4 steals | 1 block
- Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) – 11 Points (3-10 FG, 0-2 3PT, 5-7 FT) | 10 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) – 11 Points (4-11 FG, 3-8 3PT) | 2 rebounds |1 assist | 1 steal
- Liam Perryman (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) – 10 rebounds | 1 steal | 2 blocks
- Bobby Perette – 16 Points | 2 rebounds | 2 assists
- Anthony Buckley – 11 Points | 1 rebound
- Mike Rapoza – 8 Points | 21 rebounds | 1 assist | 5 blocks
Albertus continues GNAC play on Thursday, January 10 as the Falcons travel to Standish, Me. to take on Saint Joseph's College of Maine. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m.