Link: Box Score
Boston, Mass. - Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team fell on the road to Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) rival Emmanuel (Mass.) College by a score of 92-84 on Saturday afternoon inside the Jean Yawkey Center. Junior Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) led the Falcons' attack with his second double-double of the season behind a 14-point, 10-rebound performance.
FINAL: Emmanuel (Mass.) College 92 | Albertus Magnus College 84
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (11-6, 3-2) | Emmanuel (Mass.) (14-4, 5-0)
ALL-TIME SERIES: Despite today's loss, Albertus Magnus still leads the all-time series record against Emmanuel, 24-12.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel outscored Albertus, 12-4, in the first three minutes of play with a quartet of Saints contributing three points each during that span.
- With 8:07 left on the clock, freshman Andrew Rice (West Haven, Conn.) brought the Falcons to within two, 23-21, on a pair of made free throws.
- Albertus continued to fight back as a three-point play from Michael Richardson (Bronx, N.Y.) cut the Saints' lead to one, 25-24.
- Following back-to-back baskets from Qualon Wilkes (Bridgeport, Conn.) and Richardson, Albertus took its first lead of the game, 28-27, at the 4:24 mark.
- However, Emmanuel regained the lead and would head into the locker room up 40-36 after closing out the half with a 13-8 run sparked by a made layup from Zachary Crisafulli.
- Less than a minute into the second, junior Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) evened the score at 42-all before Albertus found themselves up four, 46-42, a minute later.
- Over the next five minutes of play, both Albetus and Emmanuel battled through four ties (46-46, 48-48, 50-50, 52-52).
- Following the final tie, Emmanuel built its lead back up to four, 58-54, but Albertus managed to rally back and hold a one-point edge, 60-59, with 9:05 remaining.
- Shortly after, Emmanuel took over on offense and kept a double-digit lead until the 2:24 mark as the Falcons brought the score to within single digits.
- Despite Albertus battling to within six, 85-79, with less than a minute remaining, Emmanuel was able to keep the Falcons at bay to secure the home win.
- Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) – 14 Points (6-10 FG, 2-7 FT) | 10 rebounds | 1 assist
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) – 12 Points (4-12 FG, 0-3 3PT, 4-4 FT) | 2 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) – 11 points (4-12 FG, 2-10 3PT, 1-2 FT) | 1 steal
- Liam Perryman (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) – 2 points (1-3 FG) | 4 rebounds | 1 steal | 4 blocks (season-high)
- Joe Tamburro – 20 Points | 6 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Isaiah Ruffen – 18 Points | 12 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal
- Anthony Davidson – 16 points | 1 rebound
- Marcus Fox– 11 points | 8 rebounds | 5 assists | 1 steal | 2 blocks
Albertus resumes non-conference play on Monday, January 28 with a road tilt at Williams. Tip-off is set for 7pm.