Link: Box Score
Williamstown, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team fell on the road to nationally-ranked Williams College, 85-67, in a non-conference tilt on Monday evening at the John Wesley Chandler Athletic Center.
FINAL: #6 Williams College 85 | Albertus Magnus College 67
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (11-7) | #6 Williams (18-2)
- Williams College is ranked sixth in Division III.
- The last time Albertus faced Williams was in the NCAA Tournament "Sweet 16" (3/14/14 -- L, 110-92)
- Following tonight's win, Williams extends its all-time series record against Albertus Magnus to 2-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus and Williams battled through five ties over the first five minutes of play.
- Following the last tie, 11-11, Williams went on an 8-0 run to take a 19-11 lead forcing Albertus to call a timeout to regroup.
- Williams extended its lead to 13, 27-14, following a pair of made free throws from Marcus Soto, but Albertus countered back with a 7-2 run to cut the Ephs' lead to within eight, 29-21, with 8:12 left on the clock.
- Over the next couple of minutes, Williams maintained a double-digit lead until a jumper from Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.) brought the score to within nine, 35-26.
- At the 3:06 mark, Williams took its biggest lead of the half with 15, 41-26, after scoring six straight points, including four from Matt Karpowicz.
- Despite closing out the first with a 7-2 run, Albertus would head into the locker room down 10, 43-33.
- Junior Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) kicked off the half scoring the easy layup to continue the Falcons' run into the second and bringing the score to 43-35.
- Shortly after, Williams took over on offense pushing its lead to 16, 56-40, making Coach Oliver use a timeout.
- Midway through the second, Albertus fought back to within five, 58-53, after rallying together a 13-2 run that say two or more points from five different Albertus players.
- However, the momentum shifted back to Williams as the Ephs held a 20 point lead, 75-55, with 7:43 left in regulation.
- Albertus continued to chip away at the Ephs' lead, but with less than five minutes remaining, Williams took its largest lead of the game, 82-57, and never looked back.
- Jahmerikah Green-Younger – 19 Points (7-15 FG, 4-11 3PT, 1-2 FT) | 3 rebounds | 1 assist
- Terry Dawkins (Queens, N.Y.) – 12 Points (3-10 FG, 0-1 3PT, 6-7 FT) | 7 rebounds | 1 assist
- Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) – 8 points (3-5 FG, 2-4 FT) | 5 rebound | 1 steal
- Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) – 8 points (3-13 FG, 2-9 3PT) | 5 rebounds | 1 steal
- James Heskett – 24 Points | 3 rebounds | 1 assist
- Matt Karpowicz – 14 Points | 8 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 steal | 1 block
- Bobby Casey – 14 points | 5 rebounds | 4 assists | 1 steal
Albertus resumes Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Thursday, January 31 with a home tilt against Regis (Mass.). Tip-off is set for 7pm.