Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Behind four double-digit performances, including a 20-point effort from sophomore Tyreek Perkins (New Haven, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's basketball team defeated Regis (Mass.) College by a score of 90-69 Thursday evening in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) showdown at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 90 | Regis (Mass.) College 69
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (12-7, 4-2) | Regis (8-13, 3-4)
ALL-TIME SERIES: Following tonight's win, Albertus pushes its all-time series record to 3-0 against Regis (Mass.).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus Magnus took its first lead of the game just 30 seconds in following a three from Perkins.
- At the 15:54 mark, Ademola Afonja was sent to the line and hit two free throws to pull the Pride to within one, 7-6.
- Albertus answered back with an 18-6 scoring run, led by Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) with eight points, to extend its lead to 25-12 midway through the first.
- A three from Jordan Seldon sparked a 7-4 run for the Pride to cut the deficit to 10, 29-19, with 5:58 on the clock.
- Albertus rattled off eight straight points, including four from Ryan Pittman (Startford, Conn.), to extend the Falcons' lead once again, 39-21.
- Freshman Qualon Wilkes (Bridgeport, Conn.) capped off the half with a made layup to put the hosts up 45-27 at the buzzard.
- The Pride opened the second half with six straight points to cut the Falcons' lead 45-33.
- However, Albertus prevented Regis from coming any closer the rest of the way.
- The Falcons largest lead of the game came at the 2:02 mark as a layup from Michael Richardson (Bronx, N.Y.) gave the hosts a 24-point advantage, 89-65.
- Tyreek Perkins – 20 Points (7-16 FG, 3-6 3PT, 3-5 FT) |7 rebounds | 3 assists
- Davon Warner – 11 Points (5-12 FG, 1-6 3PT, 0-1 FT) | 1 rebound | 1 assist | 1 steal | 1 block
- Rayshawn Brewer (New Haven, Conn.) – 11 points (3-3 FG, 5-5 FT) | 7 rebounds | 1 assist | 2 steals | 1 block
- Michael Richardson – 10 points (5-9 FG) | 5 rebounds | 1 assists | 1 block
- Ademola Afonja – 32 Points | 8 rebounds | 1 steal | 4 blocks
- Jordan Seldon – 15 Points | 6 rebounds | 2 assists
- Shawn Wedderburn – 10 points | 3 rebounds | 1 block
Albertus continues GNAC play with a road tilt at Norwich University. Tip-off is set for 1 pm.