Albertus Magnus College
Men's Golf Weekly Preview
Friday, Sept. 8 • 11:30 a.m. • Groton, Conn.
A NEW YEAR
The Albertus Magnus College men's golf team looks to open up 2017 on a high note as the Falcons take part in the Mitchell Invitational on Friday morning at Shennecossett Golf Course. First tee is set for 11:30 a.m. in Groton, Conn.
A QUICK LOOK BACK AT LAST YEAR
- Last season, the team competed in four tournaments and earned a pair of dual-match victories at their home course.
- Albertus Magnus went undefeated in dual-match play in the Elm City this autumn for the first time in program history.
- The two triumphs were also a new program-best for the Falcons after winning one during the 2015 campaign.
- Albertus Magnus was led once again this year by senior No. 1 Aaron Macchia (Utica, N.Y.). He carded the low score for the Falcons in every event this fall and every round he's played in during his career.
MITCHELL INVITATIONAL – RECAP/BOX SCORE
- The Falcons entered the clubhouse with an aggregate score of 382 to finish just 10 strokes off the pace of third-place Becker. Wentworth won the event with a team total of 315 and the host Mariners landed in second with a score of 363.
VERSUS MITCHELL – RECAP/BOX SCORE
- The men's golf team defeated Mitchell by 13 strokes in a dual match on Friday afternoon at Alling Memorial Golf Course. The Falcons carded a team total of 368, while the Mariners entered the clubhouse with an aggregate score of 381. The victory is the first of the fall in dual-match action for Albertus Magnus and the second in the program's young history.
THIS YEAR NOTES
- The Falcons welcome three newcomers to the roster.
- A trio of student-athletes return from last year's roster.
- Head Coach Ryan Quinn is entering this third seaon with the program in 2017.
The Falcons return to action next week against MCLA.