FINAL SCORE: Mt. St. Vincent 12 | Albertus Magnus 9
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-3) | Mt. St. Vincent (1-3)
New Haven, Conn. – Senior Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team netted five goals and tallied one assist for six points as the Falcons fell to Mt. St. Vincent in a non-conference showdown, 12-9, at Celentano Field on Thursday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mt. St. Vincent continued to control the momentum of the game as the visitors outshot the Falcons 3-0 in the second period to take a 5-3 lead at the half.
It was an intense third quarter as both teams tallied four goals a piece, but Albertus Magnus would trail 9-7 heading into the final 15 minutes of regulation. Buck led the Falcons in third scoring two goals at the 6:56 mark and 5:18 mark while Brennan Moore (Meriden, Conn.) and James May (Branford, Conn.) added a goal apiece.
Albertus Magnus saw the Dolphins' lead grow to three, 10-7, four minutes into the fourth, but Moore would find the back of the net after a nice feed from May at the 7:30 mark. However, Mt. St. Vincent closed out regulation with a 2-1 run to secure the win.
- Falcons' goalkeeper Jack Kerner (Merrick, N.Y.) notched 17 saves in the loss while Christian Brody posted eight saves in net for the visitors.
- Mt. St. Vincent outshot Albertus Magnus 45-36 and held a 59-57 edge in ground balls.
- The Falcons finished the game 27-of-31 in clear attempts and went 14-for-25 in face offs.
- Michael Puchalski led the Dolphins with a team-high four goals and an assist for eight points.
- Defensively, Albertus Magnus held Mt. St. Vincent to 0-5 in man-up opportunities.
Albertus Magnus returns to action on Sunday, March 26th against Wheelock. Face-off is set for 11 a.m.