FINAL SCORE: Lasell 21 | Albertus Magnus 7
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-7, 0-3) | Lasell (6-2, 3-0)
New Haven, Conn. – Despite a five-goal performance from James May (Branford, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team lost to GNAC rival Lasell College, 21-7, on Saturday afternoon at Grellier Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Lasell dominated in both the first and second period, outscoring the Falcons 6-1 in each frame. May broke the silence late in the first scoring the visitors' first goal of the game with 1:39 remaining before Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) opened the second with his 29th goal of the season after a nice feed from May two minutes in.
Albertus Magnus would head into the locker trailing the Lasers, 12-2.
Lasell continued to dominate in the third period as the Lasers outscored the Falcons 7-1 to extend their lead to 16, 19-3, heading into the final 15 minutes of regulation. Justin Bennet (Fairfield, Conn.) would score the Falcons' only goal of the frame as well as his 19th goal of the season at the 6:11 mark.
May would try to get a rally going for the Falcons as he scored all four of the visitors' goals in the fourth, but Albertus Magnus would fall 21-7.
- Justin Bennet (Fairfield, Conn.) and Greg Buck (Berlin, Conn.) added the Falcons1 offense with a goal apiece.
- John Brunetti (West Haven, Conn.) fell to 1-3 on the season as the sophomore goalie allowed 19 goals while recording 20 saves.
- Junior Jack Kerner (Merrick, N.Y.) also made an appearance in goal for the Falcons and allowed two goals while saving two over the final 15 minutes of play.
- The Lasers bested the Falcons 21 for 32 at the face-off X with seniors Pete Dolan going 9-10, and Chase Swift going 9-11.
- Connor Johnson (Hampstead, N.H.) led the Lasers with a team-high 10 ground balls for 48 combined this season, as the Lasers won the battle 49-24.
Albertus Magnus returns to action on Saturday, April 15 on the road at Norwich.