New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team fell on Senior Night, 17-2, to GNAC rival Lasell College on Wednesday evening at Celentano Field. Prior to the start of tonight's game, the men's lacrosse team honored its four member senior class - Jack Kerner (Merrick, N.Y.), Kevin Henninger (Wallingford, Conn.), Niko Ames (Sunderland, Mass.) and Brennan Moore (Meriden, Conn.).
FINAL SCORE: Lasell 17 | Albertus Magnus 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-10, 0-7) | Lasell (5-6, 5-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Lasell controlled the pace of the game holding a six-goal lead, 6-0, entering the second before extending its lead to 11-0 with 3:44 remaining in the half. At the 2:46 mark, junior James May (Branford, Conn.) would score the Falcons' first of the game as well as his 30th of the season on a nice feed from Jordan Garguilo (West Haven, Conn.), but the Falcons would head into halftime trailing lasell, 12-1.
The Lasers would secure the road win over the Falcons after outscoring the hosts, 5-1, over the final 30 minutes of play. Freshman Tyler Sicoli (Shoreham, N.Y.) scored the Falcons' final goal at the 2:27 mark, pushing his season total to four.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Jack Kerner: 12 Goals-Against | 8 Saves | 20 Shots
- Albertus Magnus - John Brunetti: 5 Goals-Against | 8 Saves | 13 Shots
- Lasell - Ryan Janovic (W, 4-7): 1 Goals-Against | 4 Saves | 5 Shots
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Austin Tomasetti paced the Lasers' offense with a team-high four goals on six shots while James Torosian tallied three goals on four shots.
- Freshmen Mykel Stinson (Bridgeport, Conn.) and Salvatore Carlo (Northford, Conn.) led the defensive unit for the Falcons causing three Laser turnovers each.
- Six different players caused a turnover for the Lasers, including a game-high five from David Sheehan.
- Albertus Magnus finished 21-for-28 in clear attempts compared to Lasell who were 29-for-31.
- Both teams were 0-for-1 in man-up goals.
- The Falcons won the battle in the face-off circle, 16-23.
- Lasell outshot the hosts, 43-20, and posted a 44-40 edge in ground balls.
- Out of the 30 turnovers for Albertus Magnus, Lasell caused 13.
- Freshman Jayme Toro (East Haven, Conn.) posted a team-best eight ground balls while Stinson recorded a season-high seven.
Albertus Magnus returns to action this Friday, April 20th with a road conference game at Emmanuel (Mass.). Face-off is set for 7 p.m. in Boston, Mass.