Link: Box Score
Northfield, Vt. – The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team suffered its fifth loss of the season as the Falcons fell on the road to Norwich University by a score of 19-4 on Saturday afternoon at Sabine Field in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play.
FINAL: Norwich 19 | Albertus Magnus 4
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-5, 1-3) | Norwich (4-3, 2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus was shutout in the first half as the Cadets held a 13-0 lead at halftime.
- Over the first 30 minutes of play, the Falcons managed to get four shots off, including three from sophomore Mykel Stinson (Bridgeport, Conn.).
- Norwich remained hot on offense opening the stanza with a pair of goals to extend its lead to 15-0.
- At the 7:56 mark, senior James May (Branford, Conn.) netted the Falcons first of the game following a nice feed from freshman Terrell Yarbrough (New Haven, Conn.) breaking the scoreless drought, 15-1.
- With 1:35 remaining in the third, the Falcons were able to score on two more occasions behind a pair of goal from Kaj Djonne (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and May.
- Norwich kept Albertus at bay for the remainder of regulation to secure the home win, 19-4.
- The Falcons final goal of the game came in the fourth at the 2:58 mark as Stinson scored his sixth of the season.
- Freshman Andrew Luzzi (East Haven, Conn.) led the defensive attack with two caused turnovers to go along with three ground balls.
- Along with his goal, Stinson scooped up a team-high four ground balls.
- Junior Christopher Magnifico (Glastonbury, Conn.) and Yarbrough picked up assists on the afternoon.
- 38 Cadets saw the field today, and 12 different players showed up on the score sheet.
- Jack Anzalone and Aidan Moulton recorded three goals and two assists to lead the team with five points on the day.
- Cody Moore joined the Cadets' hat-trick club with three goals of his own.
- Joseph Santangelo put on another show in the faceoff circle, going 10-11 and leading a Norwich faceoff unit that went 16-26 overall on the day.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- John Brunetti (West Haven, Conn.) (L, 1-5): 16 Goals-Against | 14 Saves | 30 Shots
- Dane Walsh (Bethany, Conn.): 3 Goals-Against | 1 Save | 4 Shot
- Brandon Milburn (W, 3-0): 0 Goals-Against | 2 Saves | 2 Shots
- Nick Kandra: 3 Goals-Against | 2 Saves | 5 Shots
- Perry Grzela: 1 Goal-Against | 0 Saves | 1 Shot
Albertus returns to action on Wednesday, April 3 with a home non-conference game against Becker College. Face-off is set for 7:00PM at Celentano Field.