Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College men's lacrosse team fell to 2-6 on the season following the Falcons' 15-7 loss to Johnson & Wales University in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) showdown on Tuesday evening under the lights at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Johnson & Wales 15 | Albertus Magnus 7
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-6, 1-4) | Johnson & Wales (3-10, 2-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Wildcats kicked off regulation with a pair of goals from Ben Farrell and Joe McIntyre before senior James May (Branford, Conn.) found the back of the net for his 23rd of the season to cut the lead in half, 2-1, with 10:27 remaining. Albertus was unable to stop JWU from scoring another two goals to push its lead to three, 4-1.
Albertus continued to battle as May and Andre Young (Stamford, Conn.) brought the score to within two, 5-3, to start off the second stanza, but the Falcons would head into halftime trailing by five, 8-3, following a 3-0 scoring run by the Wildcats.
JWU began to pull away with the game, outscoring the Falcons 5-1 in the third to take the 13-4 lead heading into the final 15 minutes of regulation. However, Albertus slowly began building momentum as a goal from Terrell Yarbrough (New Haven, Conn.) and two from May brought the Falcons to within six, 13-7, with 7:37 remaining.
The Wildcats managed to shift the momentum back to them and scored two insurance tallies to put the game away, 15-7.
- Freshmen Noah Silva (Westerly, R.I.) and Tyler Lansiedel (Stamford, Conn.) led the defensive unit with three caused turnovers while May added two to his stat line.
- Sophomore Mykel Stinson (Bridgeport, Conn.) scooped up a season-high 14 ground balls.
- Both Stinson and Kaj Djonne (Newtown, Conn.) registered an assist on the evening.
- Tyler Drago and Erik Lindaas scored a team-high three goals apiece.
- Zach D'Amico finished with seven ground balls as well as led caused a pair of turnovers along with Thomas o'Donoghue.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- John Brunetti (L, 2-6) (West Haven, Conn.): 13 Goals-Against | 13 Saves | 26 Shots
- Dane Walsh (Bethany, Conn.): 2 Goals-Against | 7 Saves | 9 Shots
- Kyle Mangan (W, 2-4): 4 Goals-Against | 7 Saves | 11 Shots
- Andrew Costa: 3 Goals-Against | 1 Save | 4 Shots
- Both Albertus and JWU registered 24 turnovers.
- The Wildcats outshot the Falcons 52-27, including a 30-12 edge in the second half.
- Albertus finished 11-of-25 in the face-off circle and was 17-of-25 in clear attempts.
- JWU was a near perfect in clears, 24-of-25, and finished 14-of-25 in the face-offs.
The Falcons return to action on Saturday, April 13 with a road conference match against Rivier. Game time is set for 3:30PM.