New York, N.Y. - Three different player scored a goal as the Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team defeated Hunter College, 3-1, in non-conference action on Monday evening at Randall's Island Field #70.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-1, 1-0) | Hunter (0-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Freshman Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, Conn.) broke the silence at the 41st minute of play as the rookie recorded his first collegiate goal to give the Falcons the 1-0 lead heading into halftime. Albertus Magnus dominated on offense in the first half outscoring the hosts, 8-5, as well as held a 3-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Junior Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) recorded the "W" in net for the Falcons after tallying six saves, while Noah Dougherty posted only three saves in the loss.
- Albertus Magnus outshot the host 12-11, including a 7-6 edge in shots on goal.
- The Falcons led in corner kicks 4-1.
- Along with the goal, Harrison Krepack led the hosts in shots with three.
- Cotto led the Falcons with two shots on goals, while a quartet of players registered at least a shot on goal.
- Cotto's goal at the 83rd minute mark was his first collegiate goal along with Beacejour and Franco.
Albertus Magnus returns to action this Saturday against Regis (Mass.). The GNAC showdown will kick-off at 12 p.m. at Celentano Field in New Haven, Conn.