New Haven, Conn. – Behind a four-goal performance from freshman Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team defeated Anna Maria College, 4-0, on Saturday afternoon in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) clash at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 4 | Anna Maria College 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-5, 2-3) | Anna Maria College (1-8-1, 0-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus Magnus cruised to a 4-0 victory as freshman Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) netted a career-high four goals as well as recorded a career-high eight points in the shutout for the Falcons.
Oumorou opened the scoring in the 40th minute of play as he found the back of the net off a clean pass from senior Justyn Broderick (Orange, Conn.) giving the hosts the 1-0 lead heading into halftime.
Albertus Magnus continued to dominate on offense as the Falcons outshot the AMCATS 12-7 in the second half. Oumorou would strike again in the 55th and 56th minute of play to net his third hat trick of the season. Freshman Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, Conn.) would record his first collegiate assist on Oumorou's goal at the 55th minute.
Four minutes later, Broderick would fake our the AMCATS defender and find Oumorou who would score his fourth goal of the game to insure the home win for the Falcons.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Albertus Magnus outshot Anna Maria, 21-14, including a 9-3 edge in shots on goal.
- Falcons keeper Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) stopped all three shots he faced to preserve the shut out win and move to 5-5 on the season.
- Anna Maria goal keepers Jeffre Donahue and Mark Robinshaw combined for five saves in the loss.
- The AMCATS held the advantage in corner kicks, 6-4.
- The foul count was Albertus Magnus 14, Anna Maria 11.
Albertus Magnus travels to Emmanuel College on Wednesday October 4 in a 7:00 PM GNAC affair. The AMCATS return to action on Wednesday as well as they host Suffolk University for a 6:30 PM GNAC contest.