Brooklyn, N.Y. - The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team closed out the 2017 regular season on Monday as the Falcons fall to Brooklyn College, 9-2, in non-conference place at BC Field.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-9-1) | Brooklyn (8-7-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Down 4-0 with less than five minutes remaining until halftime, freshman Jonathan Beacejour (Wallingford, Con.) put the Falcons on the board scoring his second goal of the season on a clean pass from senior Justyn Broderick (Orange, Conn.).
The momentum remained on the Falcons side as the visitors cut the hosts lead in half, 4-2, heading into the locker room. Freshman Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) netted his 15th goal of the season on a throughball to the left side from freshman Ruk Mason Nazari (Wallingord, Conn.).
Defensively, the Falcons were unable to stop the Bulldogs' offense from scoring five goals in the second half, including two from Jordy Ortiz, to secure the home win.
INSIDE THE STATS
- Brooklyn outshot Albertus Magnus 30-11, including a 16-4 edge in shots on goal.
- Jordy Ortiz paced the Bulldog offense with 10 shots, four shots on goal and a hat trick.
- Junior Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) made seven saves in the loss for the Falcons.
- Utku Tanritanir earned his eight win of the season and recorded two saves in net.
- Both Albertus Magnus and Brooklyn tallied two corner kicks.
- Along with his goal, Oumorou registered a team-high six shots, three of which were on goal.
- Nazari recorded his first collegiate point on the assist following Oumorou goal.
Albertus Magnus will face second-seeded Johnson & Wales on Sunday, Oct. 29 at 1 p.m. in the first round. The Falcons are making their 22nd appearance in the GNAC Tournament and hold a 16-18-4 in the postseason.
Sunday, October 29 - Quarterfinals
Game 1: #8 Suffolk at #1 Saint Joseph's of Maine - TBA
Game 2: #5 Regis (Mass.) at #4 Mount Ida - 1:00 PM
Game 3: #6 Emmanuel at #3 Norwich - 1:00 PM
Game 4: #7 Albertus Magnus at #2 Johnson & Wales - 1:00 PM
Wednesday, November 1 - Semifinals
Game 5: 4/5 winner vs 1/8 winner
Game 6: 3/6 winner vs 2/7 winner
Saturday, November 4 - Final
Game 7: Highest remaining seed