Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team opened Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play with a 3-1 loss to Norwich University on Wednesday evening at Celentano Field.
FINAL SCORE: Norwich 3 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-3, 0-1) | Norwich (3-0-3, 1-0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Norwich took a 1-0 lead in the 41st minute as Amerle Nemeye scored his fourth goal of the season off an assist from Bienfait Badibanga. Shortly after, Badibanga increased the Cadets' lead to 2-0 in the 48th minute with a goal off an assist from Bryce Sullenger.
Albertus Magnus answered back a little over two minutes later as sophomore Abdul Aremu (West Haven, Conn.) scored his second goal of the season to cut the defict to 2-1.
However, Badibanga put the game away for good with an unassisted tally in the 68th minute for his second of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Norwich outshot the Falcons, 19-5.
- Both Albertus and Norwich recorded four corner kicks a piece.
- Freshman Emmanuel Yeboah (Hamden, Conn.) led the offensive attack for Albertus with four shots.
- Freshman Allan Fernandez (Ansonia, Conn.) recorded his first collegiate point off Aremu's goal in the first half.
- Norwich's Bienfait Badibanga had a hand in all three Norwich goals, scoring twice and assisting on another.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) (L, 1-3): 13 Shots on Goal | 3 Goals-Against | 10 Saves | 90 minutes
- Norwich - Brendan Germano (W, 3-0-3): 2 Shots on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 1 Save | 90 minutes
The men's soccer team returns to action this Saturday, September 15th as the Falcons host Emmanuel College at 11 am as part of Homecoming Weekend.