Farmington, Me. - The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team opened the 2019 fall season with a 3-0 road win over UMaine-Farmington on Friday afternoon at Leib Field in non-conference play. The Falcons were led offensively by junior Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) who registered a goal and an assist.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus 3 | UMaine-Farmington 0
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-0) | UMaine-Farmington (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Junior Abdoul Aremu (West Haven, Conn.) scored the first goal for the Falcons with nine seconds left in the first half. Aremu connected on a loose ball in front of the net after the Beavers' keeper Bradley Neal couldn't control the ball after making the save.
The Falcons doubled their lead midway through the second half as freshman Carlos Lopez (Bridgeport, Conn.) found the back of the net after a solid feed from Oumorou.
Ten minutes later, Oumorou added to his stat line scoring the final goal for the Falcons to finish with a final score of 3-0.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus: Jared Brennan (North Haven, Conn.) (W, 1-0) - 6 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 6 Saves
- UMaine: Bradley Neal (L, 0-1) - 3 Shots on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 2 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers took nine shots on the day with four corner kicks while tallying three saves.
- Albertus took 15 total shots with six corner kicks and six saves to finish off the day.
- Oumorou finished the day with a team-high seven shots and four shots on goal.
- Along with Lopez and Brennan, Michael Hidalgo (Norwalk, Conn.), Matthew Ffrench (West Haven, Conn.), Anthony Barreira (Beacon Falls, Conn.), Declan Ryan (Hamden, Conn.) and Michael Lanouette (Hamden, Conn) all made their collegiate debut for the Falcons.
- Hildago and Lanouette also served as a threat for the visitors as the duo combined for three of the teams' 15 shots.
Albertus returns to action on Sunday, September 1 as the Falcons host Nichols College in a non-conference showdown. The Falcons' home opener is set for 1PM at Celentano Field in New Haven, Conn.