New Haven, Conn. - The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team earned its fourth shutout of the season as the Falcons defeated Lasell University, 4-0, on Saturday afternoon at Celentano Field in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 4 | Lasell 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-3-1, 2-1 GNAC) | Lasell (1-9, 0-3 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Senior Tyler Saad (Naugatuck, Conn.) put Albertus on the scoreboard eight minutes into the action as the senior defenseman scored his first of the season on a corner kick that curved into the top right corner of the net.
The Falcons added onto their lead less than two minutes later with a goal from senior Abdoul Aremu (West Haven, Conn.). Aremu struck a ball into the lower right corner of the net after receiving a through ball from Carlos Lopez (Bridgeport, Conn.).
The Falcons' defensive unit kept the Lasers off the scoreboard for the remainder of the half and the hosts held a two-goal cushion at the half.
Junior Salah Oumorou (West Haven, Conn.) kicked off the scoring in the second stanza with his first of the game following a short pass from Michael Hidalgo (Norwalk, Conn.). With the clock winding down, Oumorou struck again at the 78th-minute with an unassisted strike to put the game out of reach, 4-0.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus: Garfield Robinson (W, 2-1) - 5 Shots on Goal | 0 Goals-Against | 5 Saves
- Lasell: Zack Laware (L, 0-2) - 6 Shots on Goal | 4 Goals-Against | 2 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus held an edge in every category; shots (15-9), shots on goal (6-5), and corner kicks (7-2).
- Oumouro led the way with a pair of goals, while Saad and Aremu each struck once.
- Lasell was led offensively by Simon Nigro and Takuya Tsuji.
- The Laser duo finished with two shots apiece.
- Albertus remains undefeated at home, 3-0.
- This is the Falcons fifth straight win against Lasell.
- Lopez posted his first assist of the season.
- Hidalgo recorded his first collegiate point on an assist.
- Oumouro notched his eighth and ninth goal of the season, respectively, and currently leads both the team and the GNAC with 21 points.
- Aremu now has eight points on the season following today's performance.
The men's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 2 with a home non-conference showdown against Sage. Game time is set for 7:00PM at Celentano Field in New Haven, Conn.