Cambridge, Mass. – The Albertus Magnus College men's tennis team posted its second consecutive win this weekend with a 7-2 road victory over Lesley University on Sunday evening in non-conference play.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 7 | Lesley 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-5) | Lesley (0-4)
- This is the Falcons second program win over Lesley and brings the all-time series record to 2-4.
- Albertus's first win was back on March 25, 2015 as the Falcons swept the Lynx, 9-0.
1. Zak Levine (AMCMT19) def. William Sgro (LES) 6-0, 6-0
2. Alex Hale (AMCMT19) def. Beowulf Urban (LES) 6-0, 6-3
3. William Kouakou (AMCMT19) def. Gerry Chica (LES) 6-0, 6-2
4. Marcus Hooks (AMCMT19) def. Evan Flaherty (LES) 6-1, 6-1
5. Patrick Corcoran (LES) def. Alessandro Proscino (AMCMT19) 7-6, 3-0 (won by injury)
6. Nick Tagliaferri (AMCMT19) def. Christian Fox (LES) 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: Doubles (1,2,3) Singles (1,3,4,2,5,6)
- Last week, freshman Zak Levine (Hamden, Conn.) went undefeated in both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles and currently holds a 5-4 record at No. 1 singles and a 5-4 win at No. 1 doubles, respectively.
- Sophomore William Kouakou (Bridgeport, Conn.), freshman Alex Hale (Wolcott, Conn.), junior Marcus Hooks (Norwalk, Conn.) and junior Nick Tagliaferri (Hamden, Conn.)are all currently on a two-game winning streak.
- The duo of Hale and Levine have won the last two matches in No. 1 doubles.
Albertus opens up GNAC play with a road match at Rutgers-Newark on Saturday, April 6 at 1:00PM. Following the conference match, the Falcons will also face Vaughn on Saturday at 6:00PM at the USTA National Tennis Center.