New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College men's tennis team concluded the 2019 regular season with a 9-0 home loss to Ramapo College on Wednesday afternoon at Celentano Courts.
Prior to the start of the match, the men's tennis team honored its lone senior - Marcus Hooks (pictured above).
FINAL: Ramapo 9 | Albertus Magnus 0
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-6, 2-1) | Ramapo (8-5, 3-0)
- Despite the loss, Albertus will advance to the 2019 GNAC Men's Tennis Tournament as the second seed for the first time in program history.
- The Falcons saw their six-game winning streak come to an end following Wednesday's loss to the Roadrunners.
- The Roadrunners earned their seventh straight GNAC South Regular Season Championship.
1. Alex Kogut (RAM) def. Zak Levine (AMC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Mike Abelev (RAM) def. Alex Hale (AMC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Cyrus Dastparvardeh (RAM) def. William Kouakou (AMC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Kevin Ilinets (RAM) def. Marcus Hooks (AMC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Joshua Halperin (RAM) def. Alessandro Proscino (AMC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Matt Borenkoff (RAM) def. Nick Tagliaferri (AMC) 6-3, 7-6 (7-3)
1. Mike Abelev / Cyrus Dastparvardeh (RAM) def. Zak Levine / Alex Hale (AMC) 8-2
2. Alex Kogut / Bryce Blumenthal (RAM) def. Marcus Hooks / Alessandro Proscino (AMC) 8-1
3. Kevin Ilinets / Joshua Halperin (RAM) def. Eric Brown / Alex Mitchell (AMC) 8-0
- Order of Finish: Doubles (#3, #1, #2) Singles (#2, #3, #6, #1, #4, #5)
Ramapo will host Albertus Magnus in the GNAC South Division Semifinal on Saturday, April 27th time TBD. The winner will advance to play the GNAC North Division Semifinal winner on May 4th.