FINAL SCORE: CCNY 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-6) | CCNY (4-8)
New Haven, Conn. - Despite a six-kill performance from freshman Felix Rivas (Danbury, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College men's volleyball team lost to non-conference foe CCNY in three-straight sets on Tuesday evening at "The Nest".
HOW IT HAPPENED
CCNY opened set one with the early 6-0 advantage before the Beavers pushed their lead to 15, 20-5, heading into a Falcons' timeout. CCNY closed out the set with a 5-2 run to take the 1-0 lead.
In the second set, Albertus Magnus trailed the visitors 6-5 before CCNY found themselves ahead 12-5 following a kill by David Cham. The Falcons battled back to within four, 15-11, but the Beavers secured the 2-0 lead heading into the final set, following the 25-17 win.
Similar to the first, CCNY opened the set with a 6-0 run, but the Falcons managed to cut the visitors' lead to one, 7-6, after a kill from Rivas. However, from that point on CCNY slowly began pulling away with the lead and defeated the Falcons 25-13 in the third and final set.
- Albertus Magnus finished the match with a total of 15 kills, two service aces, 13 digs and four blocks.
- CCNY posted a team-hitting percentage of .338 as well as collected 40 kills and 12 service aces.
- Sebastjano Aga and David Cham led the Beavers with 15 and 13 kills, respectively.
- Sophomore Alijah McGee (Stratford, Conn.) assisted 12 of the Falcons' 15 kills.
- Sophomore Steven Berry (Lynbrook, N.Y.) led the defensive unit with a team-high two blocks.
The Falcons return to action on Sunday, March 19 for a tri-match against Emerson and Wentworth.