FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 3 | Albertus Magnus 0
TEAM RECORD: Albertus Magnus (2-11, 0-8) | Emmanuel (7-16, 3-6)
Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College men's volleyball team lost in three-straight sets to GNAC foe Emmanuel College on Thursday evening at the Jean Yawkey Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Emmanuel opened the first set with the early four-point lead, 7-3, following a kill from John Carroll, but a service error by the hosts sparked a 5-0 run to give the Falcons the 8-7 lead. Albertus Magnus continued to threaten the Saints' lead, but would come up short, 25-16.
Albertus Magnus was unable to stop the Saints' offensive unit as the Falcons fell 25-6 heading into the third set.
In the final set, Emmanuel found themselves ahead 13-3 before a kill by Paul Bleau closed out the match with a 12-2 to seal the conference win.
- Senior Joshua Turner (Trumbull, Conn.) led the offensive attack with three kills while Felix Rivas (Danbury, Conn.) added two kills and a dig.
- Erik English led the Saints with 10 kills, four service aces, two digs and a block assist.
- Albertus finished the game with seven kills, seven assists, two service aces and 12 digs.
- The Saint collected 30 kills, 29 assists, 12 service aces, 19 digs and 14 block assists.
- Alijah McGee (Stratford, Conn.) also added a team-high five digs and seven assists for the Falcons.
The Falcons return to action this Saturday, April 1st against Wentworth Lasell. The tri-match times are slated for 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. The Falcons will play Wentworth first, followed by Wentworth vs. Lasell and the Falcons vs. Lasell.