Last Week: The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team went 0-2 in non-conference action last week, falling at home to Sage before dropping a road contest versus No. 4 Amherst. In the tilt with the Gators, a late rally fell shot for the Falcons. Trailing by three with the ball and under 30 seconds on the clock, the Falcons were unable to convert. Over the weekend, the Jeffs raced past Albertus Magnus at home. The big difference in the contest was the three-point shooting, as Amherst hit 18-of-34 attempts while Albertus Magnus converted on just 2-of-8 three-point attempts.
This Week: Before time off for the Thanksgiving break, the women's basketball team plays host to Bay Path on Monday night before traveling for a non-conference clash against SUNY Cobleskill on Tuesday evening. Albertus Magnus looks to end its three-game skid this week, taking on a pair of opponents from the Empire State.
Albertus Magnus (1-3) vs. Bay Path (2-1)
Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:00 pm
The Nest inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center
New Haven, Conn.
Live Stats: Click here (All links will become active at the start of the contest)
Live Video: Click here
Last Meeting with the Wildcats: The two teams last met in December of 2012, with the Falcons scoring a 90-58 win at home. Bay Path has no returners that saw action in that contest. Albertus Magnus forward Kelsey Pendagast was two points short of triple-double in the game, scoring eight points to go along with a game-high 14 rebounds and 10 blocks off the bench.
Albertus Magnus (1-3) at SUNY Cobleskill (1-2)
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Live Stats: Click here
Last Game Versus the Fighting Tigers: This is the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
- As a team, Albertus Magnus is shooting just over 30 percent from the field and 67 percent from the free-throw line. The Falcons are averaging over 35 rebounds per game and forcing 18 turnovers a contest.
- Junior transfer Liz Falcigno averaged 12 points, three rebounds and over two steals per game last week. Falcigno shot 47.6 percent from the field (10-of-21) and 75 percent from the free-throw line last week. In a setback at home versus Sage, she netted a season-high 14 points on 7-of-13 shooting and recorded three steals. Over the weekend, she poured in a team-high 10 points in a loss at No. 4 Amherst.
- Freshman guard Deja Ward averaged 11 points and shot over 46 percent from the field in two losses last week. In total, she knocked down seven shots, including a pair of three-pointers, while shooting 75 percent from the free-throw line. In a four-point setback at home against Sage, Ward led the charge for the Falcons for the third straight contest, scoring a game-high 18 points on 6-of-9 shooting from the field.
- Senior guard Olivia Sutherland is averaging a team-best three assists per game this winter and has hit a trio of three-point field goals.
- On the boards, Pendagast has pulled down a team-high 29 rebounds and is averaging over seven boards per tilt. Classmate Chelsea Sherrod has also been a force in the post, averaging six rebounds a game and shooting 38 percent from the field.