Last Week: The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team averaged 95 points per game in a pair of non-conference road wins last week. Albertus cruised to a 104-74 win at home against Bay Path before rallying for an 87-80 double-overtime victory at SUNY Cobleskill. In the 30-point home win, it was a balanced offensive attack for Albertus Magnus, as a season-high four players scored in double figures. In the road triumph versus the Fighting Tigers, the back-and-forth contest saw 20 ties and 17 lead changes. Albertus Magnus erased a nine-point second-half deficit to earn their first road win of the winter. The visitors had their largest lead of the tilt, seven, late in double overtime.
This Week: The Falcons have three non-conference games against opponents from the Empire State on the docket this week. During the week, the team travels to face Medgar Evers on Tuesday and Farmingdale State on Thursday before hosting New Rochelle on Saturday at 1:00 pm at The Nest. Albertus Magnus is currently riding a two-game winning streak.
Albertus Magnus (3-3) at Medgar Evers (0-6)
Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:00 pm
The Cougars Cave
Last Meeting with the Cougars: This week's clash will be the first-ever between the two squads.
Albertus Magnus (3-3) at Farmingdale State (1-3)
Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Walter A. Lynch Sports Center
Live Stats: Click here (All links will become active at the start of the contest)
Live Video: Click here
Last Season Versus the Rams: Albertus Magnus scored a 75-60 victory at home against Farmingdale State last December. In the game, the Falcons had a 59-48 edge in rebounds and held the Rams to just over 27 percent shooting from the field. Forward Chelsea Sherrod and Kelsey Pendagast were both dominant in the post, recording double-doubles. Pendagast poured in 18 points and grabbed a game-high 16 boards, while Sherrod added 17 points and 14 rebounds.
Albertus Magnus (3-3) vs. New Rochelle (3-6)
Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 1:00 pm
The Nest inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center
New Haven, Conn.
Live Stats: Click here
Live Video: Click here
Last Year Against the Blue Angels: Albertus Magnus cruised to a 72-41 victory on the road versus New Rochelle last season. Three Falcons scored in double figures, led by forward Olivia Bolden with a game-high 19 points. Pendagast took advantage of a smaller Blue Angel squad, recording a double-double courtesy of 10 points and 14 rebounds. AMC outrebounded the hosts, 52-26, and forced 18 turnovers. The Falcons held a commanding, 46-8, edge in points in the paint in the triumph.
- Junior guard Liz Falcigno had a breakout game last week for the Falcons, scoring a career-high 29 points to go along with eight rebounds and two steals in an 87-80 double overtime win at SUNY Cobleskill. Falcigno hit all four of her free-throw attempts and knocked down five shots from beyond the arc.
- Bolden averaged better than 18 points and 8 rebounds per game last week in two non-conference wins for the Falcons. In a 104-74 triumph at home versus Bay Path, she scored a team-high 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting. Bolden was a force in the post for Albertus Magnus, pulling down six rebounds, dishing out two assists and recording a steal. She followed that up with her first double-double of the season in a double overtime win at SUNY Cobleskill. In the road win, Bolden scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards.
- As a team, the Falcons are shooting just under 36 percent from the field, including 29.5 percent from three-point range. Albertus Magnus is averaging 66 points a game this winter. Defensively, the squad is forcing 20 turnovers a game and registering almost nine steals per contest.
- It has been a balanced offensive effort for the Falcons in 2015-16, with four Falcons averaging in double figures. Bolden, Falcigno and freshman Deja Ward are all scoring more than 11 points per tilt and Pendagast is pouring in 10 a game.
- Senior point guard Olivia Sutherland is averaging a team-best 33 minutes per game and 3.7 assists a contest.