A NEW WEEK
Following an 0-2 week, the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team looks to bounce back as the Falcons battle Simmons College on Saturday afternoon in a GNAC showdown at "The Nest".
A LOOK BACK
GAME 1: Emmanuel 79 | Albertus Magnus 76 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
GAME 2: Johnson & Wales 61 | Albertus Magnus 59 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. SIMMONS
Albertus Magnus leads Simmons in the all-time series 15-5.
LAST YEAR VS. SIMMONS
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 57 | Simmons 46 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: Albertus Magnus blew the game open in the second half, building their lead too as many as 16 midway through the final quarter. Albertus never trailed over the final 20 minutes of play as the Simmons reserve cut into the deficit in garbage town down the stretch.
- Simmons will face Rivier tonight, Feb. 2, before facing the Falcons on Saturday.
- As a team, the Sharks lead the GNAC with a 69.2 free-throw percentage.
- Liz Brasa leads the team averaging 10.9 points per game as well as ranks fifth in the GNAC in rebounds per game with 8.8.
- On the road, Simmons is shooting 34.1 percent from the field and averaging 57.3 points per game.
2016-17 GNAC SOUTH STANDINGS
1. Emmanuel (10-1)
2. Suffolk (9-2)
3. Johnson & Wales (7-3)
4. Albertus Magnus (6-5)
5. St. Joseph's (Conn.) (2-8)
6. Mount Ida (1-10)
LAST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
- In the loss to Emmanuel, all five starters scored in double-figures.
- Junior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) earned back-to-back double-doubles and extended her season total to 15.
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) set a new career-high in blocks with two in the loss to Emmanuel.
- Albertus finished the week shooting 38.1 percent from the floor as well as averaged 36.0 rebounds and 68.5 points per game.
- The Falcons held a 21-19 edge over their opponents in steals and a 6-4 edge in blocks.
FALCONS IN THE GNAC
Olivia Bolden ranks:
- first in points per game (19.7)
- second in rebounds per game (11.8)
- fourth in field goal percentage (49.3%)
Liz Falcigno ranks:
- second in steals per game (2.6)
Aaliyah Bohannon ranks:
- sixth in blocks per game (1.2)
Jill Johnson ranks:
- fourth in steals per game (2.5)
ALBERTUS LEADS GNAC
As a team, Albertus Magnus leads the GNAC in –
- points (1431)
- points per game (71.6)
- field goal attempts (65.9)
- free-throws made (16.7)
- free-throw attempts (25.5)
The Falcons return to action next week against Suffolk and Emmanuel.