A NEW WEEK
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team prepares for two crucial GNAC South Division battles this week as the Falcons host Suffolk on Tuesday before traveling to Emmanuel on Saturday.
A LOOK BACK
GAME 1: Albertus Magnus 81 | Simmons 46 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. SUFFOLK
Suffolk holds a 13-7 edge over Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.
THIS YEAR VS. SUFFOLK
GAME 1: Suffolk 71 | Albertus Magnus 53 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: Junior forward Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) scored a game-high 16 points and team-high 12 rebounds on 6-9 shooting to lead Albertus. Junior forward Angelina Piccirillo (Naugatuck, Conn.) scored a career-high 15 points on 7-13 shooting in the setback.
ALL-TIME VS. EMMANUEL
Emmanuel leads the all-time series over Albertus Magnus 21-2.
THIS YEAR VS.EMMANUEL
GAME 1: Emmanuel 79 | Albertus Magnus 76 – RECAP/BOX SCORE
KEY HIGHLIGHT: It was an intense fourth quarter as the Falcons continued to threaten the Saints' lead at numerous occasions until two free-throws from Bolden cut the visitors' lead to two, 78-76. Emmanuel's Christine Miller went one-for-two at the line, extending the lead to three, 79-76, with less than 13 seconds remaining. Albertus was unable to get the final shot off and fell to the Saints in conference play.
2016-17 GNAC SOUTH STANDINGS
1. Emmanuel (12-1)
2. Suffolk (10-3)
3. Johnson & Wales (9-3)
4. Albertus Magnus (7-5)
5. St. Joseph's (Conn.) (2-9)
6. Mount Ida (1-11)
- Albertus finished the game shooting 39.1 percent from the field while the Sharks shot only 25.4 percent.
- Kiki Epps (Norwalk, Conn.) and Angelina Piccirillo (Naugatuck, Conn.) collected 11 points apiece while Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) added 12 points for the afternoon.
- Bolden recorded a team-high 26 points and 17 rebounds while Liz Falcigno (Wallingford, Conn.) posted 16.
- The Falcons finished the game with 54 rebounds, 16 assists and 12 steals.
FALCONS IN THE GNAC
Olivia Bolden ranks:
first in points per game (20.0)
tied in first, along with Angelique Martinez of Mount Ida, in rebounds per game (12.0)
fourth in field goal percentage (49.5%)
Aaliyah Bohannon ranks:
sixth in blocks per game (1.2)
ALBERTUS LEADS GNAC
As a team, Albertus Magnus leads the GNAC in –
- points per game (72.0)
- field goal attempts (65.8)
- free-throws made (17.0)
- free-throw attempts (25.8)
The Falcons return to action next week against Saint Joseph's (Conn.) and Mount Ida.