Link: Box Score
Chestnut Hill, Mass. - Senior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) and junior Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) combined for 60 points as the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team defeated Pine Manor, 77-68, Tuesday evening in non-conference play at Brunelli Court. Both Bolden and Johnson recorded a team-high 30 points apiece, while Johnson netted a career-high against the Gators.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-3) | Pine Manor (3-4)
SCORE: Albertus Magnus 77 | Pine Manor 68
HOW IT HAPPENED
It as an evenly matched first quarter as Albertus Magnus led Pine Manor by a basket, 18-16, entering the final 10 minutes of the half. The Falcons were able to find their rhythm and found themselves ahead by eight, 28-20, on a layup from Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) with 6:18 left till half. Shortly after, Pine Manor rallied together an 11-0 run to regain the lead, 31-28, but the Falcons would resume control and lead 42-35 at the half.
Pine Manor came out of the break hot, cutting the score to within two, 44-42, three minutes in. However, a 17-6 run by the Falcons extended their lead to double-digits, 61-48, before closing out the third with a 15-point lead, 68-53. Despite the hosts, outshooting the visitors, 15-9, in the final frame, Albertus Magnus was able to secure its fourth win of the season, defeating Pine Manor 77-68.
- Following tonight's win, Albertus Magnus now lead Pine Manor, 14-5, in the all-time series.
- The Falcons are 2-1 on the road.
- This is the Falcons third game scoring 70 or more points vs. their opponent.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus Magnus - 40% (field goal), 9.1% (three point) and 63.9% (free throw)
- Pine Manor - 33.3% (field goal), 16.7% (three point) and 68.4% (free throw)
- Bolden was one-point shy of tying her career-high 31 points, which she scored last year against Pine Manor.
- Along with her 30 points, Johnson posted a season-best six steals and four assists.
- Pine Manor had four players score in double-figures, including a team-high 18 points from Erica Jones.
- Freshman Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.) posted a career-high 11 rebounds as well as added six points, a block, an assist and a steal to her stats.
- Pine Manor out-rebounded the Falcons 52-47.
- The Falcons won the battle in the paint, 46-28, and in points off turnovers, 35-20.
- Bolden scored 18 of her 30 points in the first half along with Johnson who scored 17 of her 30 points in the first.
Albertus Magnus returns to action this Saturday, Dec. 9 as the Falcons resume GNAC play against Norwich. Tip-off is set for 3:00 p.m. in Northfield, Vt.