Link: Box Score
Boston, Mass. - Despite a double-double, 21 points and 15 rebounds, from senior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team fell on the road to Emmanuel (Mass.), 86-60, Thursday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel (Mass.) 86 | Albertus Magnus 60
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (10-5, 4-3) | Emmanuel (Mass.) (8-6, 4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Emmanuel (Mass.) controlled the opening quarter, outscoring the Falcons by a 21-6 margin heading into the second. Albertus Magnus found themselves within 11, 26-15, on a three from Angelina Piccirillo (Naugatuck, Conn.), but it wasn't enough as the Falcons trailed 47-24 at the half.
In the third, both team registered 20-points a piece, bu the Saints would remain a top, 67-44, heading into the fourth. Emmanuel (Mass.) put the game out of reach in the final frame, 86-60, to secure the home win.
- Olivia Bolden's (South Windsor, Conn.) 21-point performance pushes her career-point total to 1,780 ranking her second all-time.
- Bolden now has a total of 990 rebounds and is just 10 shy of recording 1,000. She will be the third player in the program to accomplish this milestone.
- Following tonight's win, Emmanuel (Mass.) now leads the all-time series, 24-2.
- Junior Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) set a new career-high in steals with seven along with five rebounds, four assists and 13 points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Albertus Magnus - 28.9% (field goal), 27.8% (three point) and 57.9% (free throw)
- Emmanuel (Mass.) - 45.8% (field goal), 29.4% (three point) and 68.2% (free throw)
- The Saints out-rebounded the Falcons by a 55-49 margin.
- Yuleka Ramirez-Tejeda led the Saints' attack with a team-high 21 points on 9-of-17 shooting from the field as well as poste 16 rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- The Falcons held a 19-18 edge in second chance points.
- Emmanuel (Mass.) posted 46 points in the paint compared to Albertus Magnus who had 34.
- Alisa Fox and Madison McLaughlin rounded out the double-digit scorers for the hosts with 11 and 1o points, respectively.
Albertus Magnus returns to the court on Saturday, Jan. 20 as the Falcons face Johnson & Wales in a 1 p.m. GNAC tilt.