Albertus Magnus College Women's Basketball
Albertus Magnus (11-5, 5-3)
Anna Maria (2-15, 1-7)
Thursday, Jan. 25 • 7 p.m. • New Haven, Conn.
Albertus Magnus (11-5, 5-3)
Emmanuel (Mass.) (10-6, 6-1)
Saturday, Jan. 27 • 1 p.m. • New Haven, Conn.
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team prepares for two game this week as the Falcons host Anna Maria College on Thursday and Emmanuel (Mass.) on Saturday.
ALL-TIME VS. ANNA MARIA
Albertus Magnus leads the all-time series against Anna Maria, 10-4.
LAST TIME VS. ANNA MARIA
Game (1/21/17): Albertus Magnus 83 | Anna Maria 72 – RECAP / BOX SCORE
ALL-TIME VS. EMMANUEL (MASS.)
Emmanuel (Mass.) holds a 24-2 advantage over Albertus Magnus in the all-time series.
LAST TIME VS. EMMANUEL (MASS.)
Game (1/18/18): Emmanuel (Mass.) 86 | Albertus Magnus 60 –RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game (1/26/17): Emmanuel (Mass.) 79 | Albertus Magnus 76 – RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game (2/11/17): Emmanuel (Mass.) 85 | Albertus Magnus 56 -RECAP / BOX SCORE
LAST WEEK RECAP
Game: Albertus Magnus 84 | Saint Joseph's (Conn.) 63 –RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game: Emmanuel (Mass.) 86 | Albertus Magnus –RECAP / BOX SCORE
Game: Albertus Magnus 72 | Johnson & Wales 55 –RECAP / BOX SCORE
LAST WEEK PLAYER HIGHLIGHTS
- Jill Johnson
- posted a season-high six steals at Emmanuel.
- Kiki Epps
- Collected her second double-double, 15 points and 10 rebounds, against Saint Joseph's (Conn.).
- Angelina Piccirillo
- Netted a season-high 14 points and seven rebounds against Johnson & Wales.
- Raegon Shirling-Davis
- Had a season-high 11 points and nine assists against Johnson & Wales.
- Registered a season-best 13 rebounds against Saint Joseph's (Conn.)
- Olivia Bolden
- Tallied a season-high three assists at Emmanuel (Mass.).
- Posted a season-best two blocks against Saint Joseph's (Conn.).
- Kristen Cunning
- Recorded a season-high three assists at Emmanuel (Mass.).
1,000 REBOUNDS FOR BOLDEN
In the Falcons' win over Johnson & Wales University, senior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) became the third player in program history to record 1,000 career rebounds.
BOLDEN NAMED GNAC CORVIAS/ALBERTUS MAGNUS STUDENT-ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
Senior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team has been named the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Corvias Player of the Week as well as the Albertus Magnus College Female Student-Athlete of the Week.
In a 2-1 week, Bolden averaged 22.0 points and 15.0 rebounds, while shooting 51% (26-51 FG) from the field and going 14-of-18 from the free-throw line. She had 21 points on 8-of-12 shooting with 11 boards against USJ before registering 21 points and 18 boards in a loss at Emmanuel. The senior capped the week with 24 points and 16 rebounds in a key win over JWU on Saturday.
- Olivia Bolden
- Leads the conference with 21.7 points and 14.3 rebounds per game.
- Fifth in the conference in field goal percentage with 49.3 percent.
- Jill Johnson
- Leads the conference in steals with 57.
- Andreah Orr
- Leads the conference in blocks with 43.
ALBERTUS MAGNUS TEAM STATS
- averaging 74.3 points and 48.1 rebounds per game.
- shooting – 38.8% (field goal), 24.5% (three point) and 57.5% (free throw)
- assists per game – 15.4
- steals per game – 10.4
- blocks per game – 4.5
- opponents' field goal percentage – 34.9%
- opponents' three-point percentage – 26.3%
- rebound margin per game – 1.1
- Albertus Magnus ended 2017 on a four-game winning streak and an overall record of 7-3 (.700).
- At home, the Falcons are 2-1.
- On the road, the Falcons are 4-1.
- The team finished the month of December with a 4-1 mark, including a conference win over Norwich back on Dec. 9.
- During the first half of the season, Albertus Magnus was averaging 73.5 points per game behind 37.4 percent shooting from the field and 22 percent shooting from behind the arc.
- The Falcons are currently averaging 47.4 rebounds, 31.2 defensive rebounds and 16.2 offensive per game, ranking them first in the league in all categories.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PICKED TO FINISH SEVENTH IN GNAC PRESEASON POLL
The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team was picked to finish seventh in the 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Preseason Poll. The Falcons earned 102 points to finish just two points behind sixth-place Norwich
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR AMC BASKETBALL GAMES
All Albertus Magnus men's & women's basketball regular-season games are subject to tickets and admission charges. Tickets are $3 for adults/senior citizens and children 12 & under (accompanied by an adult) are free. Albertus Magnus students, faculty and staff receive free admission to the event with a valid ID.
Individual season passes are also available and priced at $20. The season pass allows (1) admission to any/both men's and women's basketball regular-season games.
LAST YEAR RECAP
The women's basketball team ended the 2016-17 season with a 14-12 overall record and advanced to the GNAC Tournament as the No. 4 seed thanks to a 9-7 mark in league play. Albertus saw its season come to an end with a setback at Saint Joseph's of Maine in the GNAC Quarterfinals.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO JOIN 1,000 POINT CLUB
Former Falcon Lliz Falcigno and returning forward Olivia Bolden have joined the 1,000 point club last season. Falcigno finished her tenure with the Falcons with 1,073 points while Bolden will continue to add to her current total of 1,455.
BOLDEN AND FALCIGNO RECEIVE ALL-CONFERENCE HONORS
At the end of last season, Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) and Liz Falcigno (Wallingford, Conn.) both earned All-Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) honors. Bolden was named to the first team, while Falcigno landed on the second team.
SIX PLAYERS NAMED TO THE GNAC ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
The Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) announced its All-Academic Team for the 2016-17 school year. Fifty-seven student-athletes from Albertus Magnus College were among the 893 members, including Jill Johnson, Megan Thornton, Liz Falcigno, Aaliyah Bohannon, Angelina Piccirillo and Olivia Bolden.
Albertus Magnus returns to action next week against Simmons and Lasell.