Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – The Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team picked up its eighth win of the season on Saturday afternoon as the Falcons knocked off Pine Manor College, 94-70, at "The Nest" inside the Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletics Center.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 94 | Pine Manor College 70
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-1) | Pine Manor (1-8)
ALL-TIME RECORDS: Following today's win, the Falcons are now 15-5 against the Gators.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Alberus Magnus opened regulation with a sizeable 13-0 lead, including 11-points from Kristin Cunning (Hoboken, N.J.).
- Ariella Harrell broke the Gators scoreless drought with a deep three at the 6:58 mark.
- The Falcons pushed their lead to 17, 25-8, following a 12-8 spurt, before finding themselves ahead 31-12 at the end of the first.
- Five minutes into the second quarter, the Gators found themselves trailing the Falcons, 40-17.
- Albertus closed out the first half on a 15-8 run to take a commanding 55-25 lead at the break.
- Pine Manor managed to outscore Albertus in the both the third and fourth quarters, 25-24 and 20-15, respectively.
- The Falcons' largest lead of the game came at the 5:46 mark in the third after a pair of free throws from Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.).
- From the point on, the Gators were unable to come close and the Falcons cruised to a 94-70 win.
- Kristin Cunning – 20 Points (8-13 FG, 4-7 3PT, 0-1 FT) |1 assist | 1 steal
- Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) – 15 Points (7-7 FG, 1-1 FT) | 12 rebounds | 3 assists | 2 steals
- Wanda Tejada (New Haven, Conn.) – 13 Points (5-10 FG, 1-5 3PT, 2-2 FT) | 1 rebounds |1 steals
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) – 12 Points (5-10 FG, 2-4 3PT) | 5 rebounds | 11 assists | 3 steals | 2 blocks
- Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) – 12 Points (6-12 FG) | 8 rebounds | 1 assist | 1 block
- Aleah Lauti – 25 Points | 6 rebounds | 2 assists
- Kristen Harris – 15 Points | 6 rebounds | 1 assist
- Arielle Harrell – 10 Points | 6 rebounds | 5 assists | 1 block
The women's basketball team returns to action December 13 as the Falcons face the College of Mount Saint Vincent. The non-conference road clash is set for 6 p.m.