Link: Box Score
Standish, Me. - Despite a double-double from junior Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team suffered its second loss of the season to #10/14 Saint Joseph's College (Me.), 77-63, Thursday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play.
FINAL: Saint Joseph's College (Me.) 77 | Albertus Magnus College 63
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (13-2, 1-1) | Saint Joseph's (Me.) (14-0, 2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus controlled the first four and half minutes of play until a three from Hannah Marks gave the Monks their first lead, 13-11.
- A layup from Thompson evened the score up at 13-13, before finding themselves up five, 18-13, with 4:05 remaining in the first.
- Following three lead changes, Saint Joseph's would enter the second quarter up one, 22-21.
- Saint Joseph's offense continued to score as the hosts opened the quarter with a 7-4 run.
- Thompson even the score, 29-29, at the 6:44 following a made layup.
- The Monks answered back with a 9-0 run before closing out the half with a 20-point lead, 50-30.
- Saint Joseph's extended its lead to 26, 58-32, after starting off the third with an 8-2 run.
- Albertus countered back with a 13-1 run to bring the score to within 14, 59-45, forcing the Monks to call a timeout at the 3:25 mark.
- The Monks would remain in control and hold a 65-46 at the end of the third.
- Despite outshooting the hosts, 17-12, in the fourth, Albertus was unable to make the comeback earning its first conference loss of the season.
- The closest the Falcons got to within the Monks was within 12, 65-53, at the 7:52 mark in the fourth.
- Rah Rah Thompson – 18 Points (7-8 FG, 4-4 FT) | 13 rebounds | 1 steal | 2 blocks
- Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) – 17 Points (8-23 FG, 0-5 3PT, 1-2 FT) | 6 rebounds | 2 assists | 2 steals
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) – 12 Points (4-11 FG, 2-4 3PT, 2-4 FT) | 1 rebound | 6 assists | 2 steals
Saint Joseph's (Me.):
- Kelsi McNamara – 24 Points | 4 rebounds | 13 assists | 1 steal
- Emily Benway – 17 Points | 6 rebounds | 1 steal
- Hannah Marks – 15 Points | 2 rebounds | 2 assists | 3 steals
- Julia Champagne – 12 Points | 6 rebounds | 1 steal
Albertus continues GNAC play on Saturday, January 20 as the Falcons host Rivier University. Tip-off is set for 1 pm at "The Nest".