Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Led behind four double-digit scorers, including a team-high 21 from Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.), the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball defeated Rivier University, 91-57, Saturday afternoon in GNAC play at "The Nest". Osmond also finished the game with her third double-double of the season as well as two assists shy of a triple-double.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 91 | Rivier University 57
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (14-2, 2-1) | Rivier (1-11, 0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus opened regulation with the quick 6-0 lead behind four points from Osmond.
- The Falcons would continue to score and put together a 9-3 run to extend their lead to 14, 17-3.
- Kaylee Kacavas scored the Raiders' first basket of the game on a deep three at the 7:10 mark.
- Albertus would head into the second quarter up 22-12.
- The hosts started off the second with a 15-8 run to make the score 37-20 with 4:11 left on the clock.
- Rivier was unable to stop the hosts from closing out the quarter with a 14-5 run to take a commanding 51-25 lead at the half.
- Rivier picked up the momentum in the third outscoring the Falcons by a 13-12 edge, but would remain trailing Albertus, 63-38, entering the fourth.
- The Raiders continued to chip away at the hosts' double-digit lead, but was unsuccessful as Albertus took its largest lead of the game with 36, 91-55, before securing the home win.
- Shyla Osmond – 21 Points (9-12 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1-2 FT) |10 rebounds | 8 assists | 3 steals
- Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) – 20 Points (9-16 FG, 2-6 3PT, 0-2 FT) | 3 rebounds | 5 assists | 4 steals
- Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) – 17 Points (8-12 FG, 1-2 FT) | 9 rebounds |1 assists | 3 blocks
- Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) – 12 Points (6-14 FG, 0-1 FT) | 7 rebounds | 4 assist | 2 blocks
- Kaylee Kacavas – 17 Points | 5 rebounds | 1 steal
- Megan Hamel – 14 Points | 10 rebounds
- Cydney Lessard – 10 points | 3 rebounds | 2 assists
Albertus continues GNAC play on Thursday, January 17th with a road game against Simmons University. Tip-off is set for 7 pm.