Link: Box Score
New London, N.H. - A career-high 41 points from junior guard Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) and a double-double from Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) helped the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team rally from a 10-point halftime deficit to a 78-75 win over Colby Sawyer College Saturday afternoon inside the Coffin Field House.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 78 | Colby Sawyer College 75
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (16-2, 4-1) | Colby Sawyer (11-6, 3-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus kicked off the first half with the early 4-1 lead, but Colby Sawyer answered back taking a one-point lead, 5-4, with 6:30 remaining.
- The Falcons regained a four-point lead, 9-5, before finding themselves up three, 13-10, following a pair of free throws from Raegon Shirling-Davis (Waterbury, Conn.).
- Shortly after, Colby Sawyer took over on offense and held a three-point lead, 19-16, heading into the second.
- The Chargers controlled the quarter by outshooting the Falcons by a 26-20 edge to hold a 45-35 edge at the half.
- The closet Albertus got in the second was at the 5:27 mark as a three-pointer from Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) brought the score to within one, 29-28.
- Colby Sawyer maintained its double-digit lead until a rally from the Falcons evened the score at 55-55 entering the final 10 minutes of play.
- The fourth quarter see-sawed for the first four minutes as each team held a three-point lead.
- Trailing 67-66 with 3:06 on the clock, Tianna Sugars made a pair of free throws to put Colby-Sawyer back on top by one.
- That's when Osmond took over scoring all of the Falcons' final 11 points of the game to secure the 78-75 road win for the Falcons.
- Shyla Osmond – 41 Points (15-28 FG, 4-9 3PT, 7-7 FT) | 7 rebounds | 7 assists | 5 steals
- Kristin Cunning (Hoboken, N.J.) – 17 Points (6-16 FG, 5-15 3PT) | 3 rebounds
- Rah Rah Thompson – 14 points (6-10 FG, 0-1 3PT, 2-5 FT) | 15 rebounds | 3 steals | 2 blocks
- Lexie Hamilton – 24 Points | 9 rebounds | 5 assists | 5 steals | 1 block
- Kristen Donaghey – 19 Points | 11 rebounds | 2 assists | 2 steals
- Tianna Sugars – 15 points | 6 rebounds | 1 assist
Albertus continues Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play on Thursday, January 24 with a home contest against Lasell College. Tip-off is set for 7 pm in New Haven, Conn.