FINAL SCORE: Simmons 11 | Albertus Magnus 2
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-1, 0-1) | Simmons (3-4, 1-0)
New Haven, Conn. – Junior Nikki Kern (Wallingford, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team scored two goals as the Falcons fell to Simmons College, 11-2, on Saturday afternoon in a GNAC showdown at Celentano Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Simmons opened the game with a 4-0 lead, including two goals from Missie Maiewski 10 minutes into the first. At the 3:45 mark, Kern was able to find the back of the net for her 10th goal of the season, cutting the Sharks' lead to three, 4-1, heading into halftime.
The Sharks pushed its lead to five, 6-1, after two quick goals, but Kern struck again on a free position shot followed by a foul by the visitors.
Down by four, 6-2, Albertus Magnus continued to fight back, but Simmons would close out the game with a 5-0 run to secure the road win.
- Simmons outshot the Falcons 31-6.
- Sophomore Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) earned the loss for the Falcons as well as recorded 14 saves on 25 shot attempts on goal.
- Kenzie Rogers picked up the win for the visitors and finished the game with four saves,
- Albertus Magnus was 16-of-26 in clear attempts while Simmons went 19-of-21.
- The Sharks held a 44-38 edge in ground balls and a 10-5 advantage in draw controls.
The Falcons return to action on Monday, March 27th against Bay Path. Game time is set for 5 p.m.