FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 11 | Albertus Magnus 7
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-2, 0-2) | Emmanuel (2-5, 1-1)
New Haven, Conn. – Despite a four-goal performance from sophomore Aida Sarr (Bronx, N.Y.) the Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team was edged by Emmanuel (Mass.) College in GNAC action on Saturday morning at Celentano Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Just two minutes into play, Emmanuel took the early 2-0 advantage following back-to-back goals from Allison Hutchings and Andrea Liddell, but the Falcons would tied the game at 2-2 following a man-up goal from Sarr and a goal from Kaitlyn Ellsworth (Tolland, Conn.).
With 16 minutes remaining, the Saints found themselves up two, 4-2, before Sarr found the back of the net for her second goal of the game on a free position shot. Emmanuel would go into halftime with a 5-3 lead after Lindsay Curry scored the final goal of the half at the 3:56 mark.
Similar to the first, Emmanuel opened the half with two straight goals to extend its lead to four, 7-3 before Nikki Kern (Wallingford, Conn.) scored the Falcons' fourth goal of the game on a free position at the 18:56 mark.
Over the next four minutes of play, the Saint went on a 3-1 run to extend their lead to five, 10-5, until Sarr cut the lead to four, 10-6, after a nice feed from Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.).
- Sophomore Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) earned her second loss of the season as well as totaled 15 saves on 26 shot attempts on goal.
- Bethany Bonilla picked up the win of the Saints as the goalkeeper totaled 10 saves on 17 shot attempts.
- Emmanuel held a 12-8 edge in draw controls while the Falcons held a 25-19 advantage in ground balls.
- The Falcons went 5-of-8 in clear attempts and was 2-of-5 in free position shots.
- The Saints outshot the Falcons by seven shots, 29-22.
- The visitors were led by Andrea Liddell who posted a team-high three goals while Emily Baker added two goals and an assist for three points.
The Falcons return to action next week at Norwich.