FINAL SCORE: Johnson & Wales 18 | Albertus Magnus 4
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-5, 1-5) | Johnson & Wales (10-4, 6-0)
Providence, R.I. – The Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team fell on the road at Johnson & Wales on Wednesday evening at the Scott Miracle-Gro Complex by a score of 18-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Johnson & Wales controlled the opening half, scoring 14 unanswered goals to take a commanding 14-1 lead at the half. With 28 seconds left to go in the first, junior Nikki Kern (Wallingford, Conn,) scored the Falcons first goal of the game as well as her 19th goal of the season.
Five minutes into the second, Kaitlin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) was able to the find the back of the net on a free position shot to cut the lead to 12, 14-2. The Wildcats would go on to score two more goals before Kern scored on another free position shot at the 15:59 mark.
The Wildcats would go on to score its 17th goal of the game followed by a D'Agostino's marker, but the hosts would go on to win it 18-4.
INSIDE THE STATS
- Albertus Magnus got all four of its goals from D'Agostino and Kern.
- The Wildcats got goals from 12 different players, including five with at least two.
- In net, Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) earned the loss with four saves.
- Johnson & Wales had a decided 31-13 margin in shots.
- The Wildcats also had the advantage in draw controls (17-6) and ground balls (15-10).
The Falcons return to action on Saturday, April 22 against Lasell. Game time is set for 12 p.m. at Celentano Field.